Swapping Teams Between Divisions

Swapping Teams Between Divisions

Postby regenerator » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:52 pm

I have a ten team league, 13 games; I have two divisions that are setup by default as a result of this league's format. However, it would fit the themes of the two divisions (Continental and Worldwide) if I could just swap two teams - ex., I have a New Tokyo team in Continental; obvs they belong in Worldwide. Anyway to do this?

Thanks,
Travis
regenerator

Re: Swapping Teams Between Divisions

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Easiest way is to rename the teams to fit what you want to do. Otherwise you could sim a season, then change the league format in between seasons, only don't change the format, just reassign teams to different divisions.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Problem is the name's are tied to the identities of the teams - I have a Russian team made up of mostly Russian players so renaming them from "Moscow Dragons" to "Joe's Football Team" would kind of ruin it. But I would have a chance after the first season? Ok guess thats what I gotta do then, thanks
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:38 am

You may be able to export, swap the ID's of the players, then re-import to get the players on the right teams. Or you could "trade" the players between the teams.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion