Want to run 3-4. none of my coaches run it

Want to run 3-4. none of my coaches run it

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:14 am

What can I do to remedy this? I am about to start my season, and I want a certain team to run 3-4. Their personell makes perfect sense for this formation. However, all the coaches on my staff want to run 3-3-5. Is there anything I can do? Seems it may be too late to fire them. I know I could make my own profile but this seems like something that would take a very long time to do. Anything other options, ie someway to get a coach on my who will run it at this juncture?
regenerator

Re: Want to run 3-4. none of my coaches run it

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 am

You'd have to set up custom playbooks and use those instead of the coach playbooks.
brooks_piggott

Postby AKH » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:29 am

Yes - if you want to jsut create a 34 playbook you can do that in less than a minute.

Custom playbook -> create new -> add name -> select 34 in formation filter -> click add until they are all in.

In the offseason you can then hire a coach that runs 34.
AKH

Postby TalonHIFL » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Would it be possible to add the older games (PF16 etc) generic playbooks back to the playcalling options so that if you're in a sandbox league and you're runnin the entire league, you can still diversify the playbooks without having to create new ones for each team?

I can't hire/fire coaches in sandbox, so their default playbooks don't always match up with the scheme you want to run, but to create 24 offensive and 24 defensive playbooks can be a hassle too.

OR just being able to edit the coaches playbooks/philosophy in Sandbox mode would make this work too
TalonHIFL

Postby regenerator » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:40 pm

It would be excellent if we could edit the coaches- not sure why this is locked, seems like something the game would let you do as most such things are unlocked, Just my 2 cents!

Also I second the opinion about being able to use the playbook sets from '16
regenerator

Postby JDB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 pm

The college game currently let's us hire/fire staff in sandbox. Could we have this enabled in the pro game too? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to add.
JDB

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion