Game planning question

Game planning question

Postby rasp30024 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:45 pm

I am trying to do a deeper dive in on evaluating how my team is doing using my custom playbook. I know there are several ways to pull reports from the game using box score and game analysis. But this does not give the details I need. If I watch the game I can get the details but this is slow and requires a lot of time to go through each play. Is there another way to pull the game data (specifically looking for down, yards to go, off formation and off play, def formation and def play?Like is there a database or report engine I might be able to pull the raw data from?

Cheers!
rasp30024

Re: Game planning question

Postby regenerator » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:14 pm

I would like to see this as well please.
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Not in this version... we may look at adding more reports in the future, but we need to do it in a way that everyone can benefit from it instead of just number crunchers. There seems to a fine line between optimizing playbooks and strategies for your team versus using the data to find AI busting combinations that could ruin a league.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:33 pm

My interest in this is to see that appropriate plays are being called given down and distance. I have no interest in "cheating" the game. I want factually proof that the percentages I setup in my Strategy are at least being followed in general because I have seen some things that have lead me to doubt that this is happening - I want to see that the team passed on 4th and 6 when having to go for it, for instance.
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:07 am

It's pretty well known that the percentages aren't following the strategy perfectly. The game takes your strategy into account for a given scenario, but then adjusts it for other factors going on (time, score, field position, etc.).

So if you set play calling to 100% variable with no base in the options section, and you set all 4th down to 100% pass in all scenarios, if you get down to the goal line the game may still run the ball.

We can completely turn off all of this adjustment for human teams and follow your percentages exactly, but we'd get tons of complaints that the AI isn't deviating in some cases. For example, you set your team up to be 100% pass. You're up by 3 with 3 minutes left in the game, and you're backed up to your own 1 yard line. You'll throw 3 straight passes and then punt.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion