Duplicate Player Jerseys

Duplicate Player Jerseys

Postby Nawlins34 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm noticing when creating a league, there are multiple duplicates of jersey numbers on any given team in the game. Is there a quick, known solution to address this?

Also, is this a recurring thing beyond the inauguration season? Or is it just a one-time concern and it goes away afterwards?

Thanks in advance to any and all who has some tips on this.
Nawlins34

Re: Duplicate Player Jerseys

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:24 pm

brooks_piggott

Postby Skycast » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:33 am

Been that way for a long time, I go in and change those duplicates manually.
Skycast

Postby JDB » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:14 am

I looked at the players in the upcoming draft class in my pro league and the upcoming recruiting class in my college league. They all have jersey numbers assigned to them without even being on teams. It appears that when a player is created, he's given a jersey number that stays with him his whole career. This has been going on since PFS. I think this is where the duplicate jersey numbers come from. I used to go through each roster before each season and manually change each jersey number, but that got too time consuming so I stopped really caring. I would love to see it fixed, but I think it would require somehow having players' numbers change whenever they join new rosters eliminating the duplicates.
JDB

Postby Skycast » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:29 pm

I think it's supposed to actually be a "preferred jersey number" but it doesn't work that way. If that number is already taken when they are added to the roster they should get the next highest or lowest available number in my opinion. It's a minor thing really but something that should be relatively easy to fix...it's little details like this that really make a difference to me. Unfortunately there are a ton of them in the game.
Skycast

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion