Free Agency & Contracts?

Free Agency & Contracts?

Postby coachcbjii » Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm

During Free Agency when you make an offer is it for the overall contract or is it per year that we are filling in?
Example: 4 years @ $6 Million....in DDSPF is that 6 million per year or is it 6 million over the life of the contract making it $1.5 million a year?
Not really clear when you are making offers in Free Agency when you start a new career....And are their no signing bonuses or anything like that?
Just simplified year and numbers system with a simple salary cap? Which I do not mind at all. Just trying to make sense of it all before I create my own personal football heavan, lol
coachcbjii

Re: Free Agency & Contracts?

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon May 07, 2018 3:15 pm

4 years @ 6 million is 6 million per year or 24 mill for total value of contract.
No signing bonus, just simple straight line contracts.
You control the drop penalty though, so you can make it free to drop players, or set a percentage of contract held back (this normally is done in online leagues to deter people from signing and dropping with no penalty)
brooks_piggott

Postby coachcbjii » Tue May 08, 2018 2:51 pm

So in a SP career mode there is no penalty if you just cut a player. His contract just drops? We is the drop penalty setting in career mode (if any)?
coachcbjii

Postby AKH » Wed May 09, 2018 2:41 am

i think you can set the drop penalty in any mode, its in the options. It works as a percentage of his salary, that is dead money for every year left of his contract. So if you cut a guy with a 4 mill salary with 4 years left and theres a 25% cap penalty, you are on the hook for 1 mill every year for four years.
AKH

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion