Created Players only having QB player skills

Created Players only having QB player skills

Postby TalonHIFL » Wed May 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Is there a way to update/change the part of the game that makes any completely custom/created player to default as a QB, despite any position you assign upon initial creation?

When I create players they all show "original position : quarterback" and as a result their player skill is only in the QB department and not their actual position.
TalonHIFL

Re: Created Players only having QB player skills

Postby TalonHIFL » Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 am

bump?
TalonHIFL

Postby AKH » Wed May 30, 2018 4:43 pm

hmm im not sure.

We can look into it, but it would maybe require a patch, and I cannot promise any timeline on that.

I would recommend taking some random insignificant free agent and editing him if you want to create non-qbs.
AKH

Postby regenerator » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:47 am

The problem with editing a random free agent is the position skills stay true to the original position.

I think this is an important problem. It completely breaks the "Create Player" functionality unless you want to create a QB. I think the simple solution to this is just to add a space at the top of the DDLB where you are supposed to select their position, and make that space the default/starting position. This would avoid the "QB-by-default" problem we have now.
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 am

I think AKH meant to take a FA that is already the position you want and edit them. That way original position is already set the way you want.
brooks_piggott

Postby AKH » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:23 pm

yes thats what i meant.

(You are of course correct that this needs fixing, we will look at it for the next version.)
AKH

Postby TalonHIFL » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Much appreciated guys!

The biggest problem it caused for me was when moving my league from 16 to 18, all past created players that were once pretty talented at a position are now having trouble since they lack the position skills needed in the new version even though they've been playing for years at their position now.
TalonHIFL

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion