Gameplay Glitces pt 2

Gameplay Glitces pt 2

Postby regenerator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Last edited by regenerator on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
regenerator

Re: Gameplay Glitces pt 2

Postby JDB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 pm

1. On the Advanced settings tab, what run/pass modifier and base settings do you have? I've noticed that the higher the modifier and the lower the base settings you have, the more closer the game engine will follow your strategy settings.
2. Agreed. I've seen some punt returns but very few. Way too many touch backs also. Hopefully special teams as a whole will get some TLC in the next version.
3. Agree to this as well. DDPFS18 added "short" "medium" and "long" pass settings on the strategy tab, but I'm not quite sure how they are affecting the CPU play calling if at all.
4. Agree with this as well. I would add that the final play of a half should almost always be either an incomplete pass, a long pass completion for a TD (results of Hail Marys), or field goal attempts. If the team who has the lead has the ball then it should be a series of -2 or -3 QB runs (he's kneeling to run out the clock in Victory formation).
5. I've seen negative running plays but I'm not sure if the game records the stats as negative yards or just 0.
6. I thought this was fixed in a patch.
JDB

Postby regenerator » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful answers.

Which patch are you refering to that keeps strategy from resetting after every game. Perhaps I haven't downloaded the proper patch because this keeps happening. Also, Advanced Settings, lowered Base to 30 and raised the modifier to 42, essentially swapping their values.
regenerator

Postby AKH » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:31 am

If the team is on CPU control strategies Will be often reset
AKH

Postby regenerator » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:23 pm

This is exceedingly tedious, as I want to maintain the gameplans and playbooks for each team. Having to reset them each time is maddening. Is there a way we could put in a workaround? Why not let me control all the teams in the league?
regenerator

Postby AKH » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:20 am

in sandbox and online modes, you can control as many teams as you want.
AKH

Postby regenerator » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Why not let us in Career mode? My main interest in playing the game is creating a league from scratch, controlling all the details of each team, and then see how it plays out. There's still plenty of drama and uncertainty in a situation like this, and the Career mode is vastly more interesting for obvious reasons
regenerator

Postby AKH » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:35 pm

But that is what sandbox is for. You Can for everything there that you Can Do in career except you are NOT locked to one team.
AKH

Postby regenerator » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Really? Players retire, League records are kept, etc?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:11 pm

Yea, the main differences between career and sandbox is that career is meant to be a challenge so many aspects of the game are locked to a single team. In sandbox everything is completely open. The only issue we still run into occasionally is that because sandbox is completely open some of the screens don't recognize you as logged in.

Basically if you want to "Run" multiple teams you probably need to set it up as multiplayer mode and set users and passwords for each team so it knows exactly who you're trying to operate as (team owner or commish, etc)
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion