AI Calling Plays Not In Playbook

AI Calling Plays Not In Playbook

Postby regenerator » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:02 pm

I have specific custom playbooks for scenarios like 3rd and Long or Goal Line situations, and the AI is calling plays not in those specific playbooks.
regenerator

Re: AI Calling Plays Not In Playbook

Postby regenerator » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Ok this kind of breaks the game for me. I am seeing this more and more. My opponent just called an inside run play from TwoTE formation on 3rd and 14th. There are no TwoTE formation plays for that team's 3rd and Long playbook. Can we please get this patched quickly?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:21 pm

It could be the game didn't find a valid playbook or valid play and dropped into the AllPlays or Default playbook.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:21 am

Yah I think that's what it is! But it's this weird phenomenon going on that this is merely a symptom of.
Right now, I set up a team's gameplan, playbook, etc and usually then call plays for each team in each game(I have to do this still to avoid certain terrible, game-changing/ruining playcalls, like running the ball when its 3rd and 10 from your own 30 yard line, 45 seconds to go and down by 6...each game averages roughly 3-5 of these complete head-scratchers, playcalling/time management that would get an NFL coach fired by about week 5, and literally abt 25% of games are lost directly bc of these terrible play-calls...), but pay notice to what the computer suggests...I often come across a scenario where the computer auto-loads a certain formation, as it normally will do, but no play within the chosen formation is highlighted, ie there is no play call suggestion...I wondered what was happening here, surmised it was either a)just a glitch, or b) if what was happening is exactly what u stated above, that the computer cannot find a valid play to fit the parameters it is being fed somehow by the playcalling stipulations I have setup from the team's strategy screens...thing is, when this happens, I see no reason it can't pick a play...but am I right in infering that in these cases, where a formation is chosen by the computer, but no play is highlighted, this means it cant find a "proper" play to call that fits the predetermined guidelines, and this is when it is calling a random play outside the formation, potentially calling something not in the playbook at all?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:47 am

Most likely it's just a glitch... I've noticed it too but haven't had time to look into the reasoning. (I assume you're talking about PF2020 even though you're posting in PF18)
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Oh sorry I dunno why I keep doing that! Yes, always talking about 2020...
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion