Coaches Offensive Philosophy

Coaches Offensive Philosophy

Postby regenerator » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Could you please (perhaps add to "Guide" post?) give a more detailed overview of what each coaching offensive philosophy means for the game. Things like "Vertical" are pretty self-explanatory, but I start to get confused when we're talking about "West Coast Hybrid", or any of the "hybrid" philosophies, as an ex.

What all does each philosophy affect? I assume it changes the plays in the playbook, perhaps how much they are called, formations,etc. What else? I would love to see, again, more specific info. Does West Coast mean more Pro-formations and less Shotgun, for instance?

I'm also trying to reconcile this with the Game Plan. You can already set whether the passing game is Short, Long, etc. So, for instance, if you select a Long Passing game combined with a Vertical philosophy, you're really looking to go deep I guess. But what about running plays? I am guessing West Coast means Short passing, but it could also mean Balanced, and again I'm not sure how it affects the running game.
regenerator

Re: Coaches Offensive Philosophy

Postby AKH » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Heres a rough overview. 'Hybrid' versions will incorporate elements not in the 'core' groups.

////OFFENSE
West Coast
Formations: Mixed
Plays: Short Passes and outside runs

Power
Formations: Iform, proset, twoTE + little shotgun
Plays: Lots of running - mixed passing

Balanced
Plays:mixed

Vertical
Plays: Long/medium passes + Inside runs

Spread
Formations: Spread, Shotgun, TwoTE
Plays: Lots of passing, mainly outside runs + lots of QB runs
AKH

Postby regenerator » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Wow this is awesome and should def be added to the Guide or Manual.

I think you forgot ProStyle and SmashmouthHybrid
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi can I please get a response on this so I can more specifically what a Pro Style offensive scheme in this game. Its the main thing holding me back from starting my season
regenerator

Postby AKH » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:42 am

Prostyle is mainly Iform and Proset, with balanced passing and running.

Depending on the other preferences of the coach it may trend toward specifics.

(also note that coach preferences factor in a lot on the general philosophy, so a pro-style guy who prefers to run from 3wr sets, will likely have way more runplays from spread and shotgun than an 'ordinary' prostyle guy)
AKH

Postby regenerator » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 am

For one of my teams I would like Vertical but with outside runs rather than inside. I did select "Outside" on the Gameplan screen, will this override the normal Inside running game of the Vertical scheme? Should I select "Vertical Hybrid" or does that just randomize it more?
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 am

SMASHMOUTH?

I can guess inside runs, but what about passing? And whats the ratio, 60/40? Could there be a twist to SMASHMOUTH we don't know? Either way, for comprehensive right, it'd be nice to know.
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:14 pm

I never did get an answer on this very old post for philosophy "SMASHMOUTH" - which formations does it include?

Also, you mention things like if a coach who has ProStyle offensive philosophy has a "run from 3WR sets" in his gameplan - how can we edit this factors with a coach? Is it possible to edit these coaching preferences that prefill the gameplan selections?
How can we edit a coach's Attitude, such as "Conservative" or "Aggressive"?

If these things are not editable, can we please make them able to be modified?
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:18 am

So If I wanted -
Vertical
Plays: Long/medium passes + Inside runs

but runs to the outsie instead of inside runs, could I simply change the gameplan to "Custom", keep all the settings the same as they would be under the coach except change "Running Focus" to "Outside" and essentially get that - Vertical philosophy only with one change - frome inside runs to outside? or would multiple things be changed in this sceario?
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion