Defensive Schemes

Defensive Schemes

Postby regenerator » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:17 pm

I am noticing that the AI strays from the defensive scheme quite a bit. For instance, I selected a 3-3-5 defense for one of my teams, and this was called maybe 35-40% of the time. In the NFL, most teams are either a 3-4 or 4-3 team and that's what they run (aside from Nickel, Dime, etc). 3-4 teams don't run 4-3 plays because that's what their roster is designed for. For my 3-3-5 team, it is heavy on DBs, so I want all 5 out there most of the time.

I also notice that most playbooks have 4-3 and 3-4 plays in them. I don't think this is an accurate reflection of the pro football - its not like having on offense I-form and Pro-Set in your playbook. Of course you're going to vary your formations. I know defenses have starting throwing out exotic looks, especially the Patriots, but typically when a team switches over from a 4-3 philosophy to a 3-4 it's a major adjustment and there's no going back for the time being. It would be nice if the game reflected that. I know I can create my own playbooks but that is so tedious, it would be nice if this were done automatically.
regenerator

Re: Defensive Schemes

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Yea, we'll look at this in the next version where we get more fine tuned with defenses so they aren't so varied in the playbooks and follow more of the coaches primary scheme.
brooks_piggott

Re: Defensive Schemes

Postby AKH » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:25 pm

You will see the most mixing of 34 and 43 with the coaches who have 'hybrid' philosophies.

For those who are 'pure' 34 or 43 you should see less, but they may springle in a few depending on their other preferences.
AKH

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion