Manual Control of Player Substitution

Manual Control of Player Substitution

Postby regenerator » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:27 pm

It would solve a lot of problems, such as the Bell Cow RB going for too many carries, subbing certain players for certain plays, etc, if we could control who want to sub in/out before any given play.
regenerator

Re: Manual Control of Player Substitution

Postby regenerator » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:55 am

Brooks - I'm still seeing too much where an RB is auto subbed out of a game as soon as he reaches 20 carries. This really bugs me as its so obvious, and it rly makes things too standardized - I can never get an RB up to 30 carries or anywhere near to really separate the true bell cows from the rest of the bunch

Was this modified for this latest release?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:42 am

In PF20? For higher endurance players they regularly get 24 carries in my test leagues, but don't go higher than that. I will probably end up refactoring a significant part of the substitution logic in the next version to enable more playstyles in the future.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:10 pm

24 carries? Ive only done 1 and a half games, but I saw that same damn 20 carries wall still in effect - hopefully that was just the one game and I'll see more variance later on upon further testing...
Oh wait this is in 2018, why did I post here? Sorry supposed to be for 20...i think i may have done a bunch of wrong placed posts...shoot,,,
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 am

Is there any plan to just give us full control of substitutions manually? Or at least give us that option? I see no reason to not grant us this power as coaches...pretty basic yet very important part of coaching our team...
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:48 am

Not in this version... we have packages that people can use when playing games out to handle substitutions, but we still need to update the actual depth chart decisions within those packages in a future version.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Yeah I like the packages feature, definitely been using that quite a bit. However, even this falls prey to the "20 carry rule". Typically, towards the end of a game, when a featured RB hits the wall at 20 carries, the backup is subbed in regardless of package. I've even tried to trick the computer and select the backup rb package, hoping it will think the 20 carry, bell cow back is the backup; alas, it still insists on playing the backup. So yah, definitely want to be able to 100% dictate who is in at any given point in a game; some crucial, late game carry to win the game and the sub is forced in? Lets make sure that doesnt happen again!
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion