Create New Formations w/ Start Cmd(Need Coordinates)

Create New Formations w/ Start Cmd(Need Coordinates)

Postby regenerator » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:39 am

In the Play Creation Guide forum thread, it states to "...fill in X and Y to get the position you want". In order to do this, we need those X/Y coordinates (DeltaX, DeltaY) for each position. We also possibly need the width of the OL line. Is this value the same in every formation? I thought I had heard in the NFL spread formations the OL are aligned with more distance between each other than, say, the West Coast).

Some formations I'd like to setup are Trips and T-formation. For Trips, as you see below, which method to to move the TE to :

1) Trips Right
We need to move TE from his lineup on the left to the right to get the 3 receivers on the right side.
a. Pre-Snap: Move the TE from the left end of the OL to the right end. In order to do this, we would need to do which of these? -

1.Replace TE's DeltaX value with the RTE's DeltaX coordinate, which can be gathered from the Shotgun/Spread formation where there is a RTE
--or--
2. The LTE's DeltaX value equals the total width of the OL (Z), as maybe 1 or 2 yards greater?

Ex: of code for LTE in Trips Right Pre-Snap (where OL is 10 yards long) -
<Action Type="Start" DeltaX="30" DeltaY="0" Delay="0"/>

2) T-formation
Use Pro-Set as base
Choose which position will become third Back in Backfield (TE in this example)
* TE DeltaX coordinate equivalent to QB DeltaX coordinate
* TE DeltaY coordinate equivalent to either RB Delta

Please let me know where/f if I have made mistakes, and if anything else needs to be considered.

Meanwhile, can we be provided the comprehensive DeltaX/DeltaY coordinates set list for each position?
regenerator

Re: Create New Formations w/ Start Cmd(Need Coordinates)

Postby AKH » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:17 am

if memory serves 0,0 is center of LOS.
X = -180 is left sideline and X = 180 is right sideline.
to go behind LOS Y should be negative.
AKH

Postby regenerator » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:47 pm

To line up a T, a 3rd RB (the middle back of the T) can be X=0 but what is his Y? It's a negative value, but it needs to be equal to the other RB's to form a line. How far back are they? 15 back, 12?
So is it X=0, Y=-15?
Just one example, and reason why having the coordinates of other players would be necessary. Otherwise it's just educated guessing.
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:41 am

Hi - It's been almost a month - does my question make sense? Other than guess and check, I don't know how to setup these formation up without the on-the-field coordinates. Can you please provide thse? I don't know how I can setup T-Form, 3 RB behind QB without knowing the X/Y values for QB, and the other two (Left "outside" and RIght "outside" RB's.
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:34 pm

It depends on the formation. Either you mark all 3 RB/WR with the same negative value or you adjust to an existing one. For each of the formations the backs/QB are at -9/-12/-15 depending on the formation.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:06 am

What about the location of the WR's? If I want to setup a slot receiver, for instance, I don't know what the proper coordinates are,
Considering a football field is a little lover 53 yards wide, does that mean setting my wideouts to DeltaX="18"=120 or something would be about right (40 yards off the ball, leaving enough space on the sidelines?), or would they be further out and closer to the sideline?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:12 am

DeltaX is number of feet from their current position. So if you're altering the "Start" the center of the field is 90, so a DeltaX of 30 would move them 10 yards to the right of the center point. If you're changing the "move" it will move them 10 yards to the right of their starting point, which again, depends on the start coordinate in that particular formation.
brooks_piggott

Postby coachcbjii » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:37 pm

guys I am still somewhat confused by this. Any AMERICAN football field is 160 feet wide. Doesnt that mean the proper coordinates from sideline to sideline be -80 (left sideline) to +80 (right sideline). with 0 (zero) being the middle of the field and 80 feet to the left and 80 feet to the right to create the proper field dimensions?

Or am I missing something?
coachcbjii

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 pm

Yea, somewhere along the line (probably 10+ years ago when the engine started) I drew up the dimensions of the field at 180 feet wide. It was probably a case of adjusting the field to fit the field images I had at the time without compensating for sidelines, etc. in the images that could have affected the 160/180 adjustment.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion