Issues to Resolve

Issues to Resolve

Postby regenerator » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:54 am

In response to AKH listed the main problems they are workinig to fix. I would like to through in my two cents (or maybe $200) so that maybe some of these will be taken into consideration before next patch

These are vital IMO, certainly some of them just have to implemented, I beg of you -

* improved air yards instead of all big passing plays being run after catch
* onsides kick
* coffin corner kick/punt
* Depth Chart setup logic
* Player Sub- complete overhaul, let us run this so if we want to run a 30x as a bell cow so be it. The whoe forcing us to substitute is one of the weakest band-aids in the game
* See your own Coaches playbooks before game see tendencies, seeing the actual plays in their book would be huge! play by play, and give us chance to edit. PLEASE ! This is my #1 pick for change. WOuld save so much time making new playbooks for every team from scratch and make it easier to establish team identity in custom teams
* Location of players via coordinates on fild, perhaps play by play for things like new formations (which need to precise) and perhaps even more so splitting RB's out wide
regenerator

Re: Issues to Resolve

Postby JDB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:11 pm

My suggestion would be to take the same team stradegy screen where we set up our game planning and set the playbooks and run/pass ratios and attach it to the coaches. It has everything we would need to edit the coaches stradegies even allowing us to create custom playbooks for them.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that onside kicks were already in the game.
JDB

Re: Issues to Resolve

Postby regenerator » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Thanks for the response.
As far as the coaches, it would save a lot of time not having to setup playbooks for each one. It would be much easier to modify coach tendencies, allow them to call their own playbooks. However, many of the coaches playbooks make no sense when you look at what was called after the game. If we can setup tendencies we should be able to modify the plays they actually call esp if yr in a sandbox league like myself when yr running all the teams. Many coaches playbooks have redundant plays (same play multiple times in playbook) and are missing obvs nec playes, yet there is no way to edit. Wolverine has acknowleded those things need to be fixed I'm just trying to be comprehensive

Also, my bad about the hail Mary. Hallejuah! does the pass travel more than 20 air yards?! Lol
One of the major problems with the engine it replicating passes with lots of air yards, lots of dinks and dunkes that go for long gains hence the stats seem alright. Bombs are my fave part of the day. I want to be able to play '98 Vikings and see all those air yards to Moss.
Finally, I couldn't quite understand all your point is about coaches and playbooks. Did I speak to yr issue? If not please respond and clarify what I missed if u don't mind
Thanks! Can't wait for 2019!! Looks to be as big an improvement as 16-18 was-totally stoked
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 General Discussion