Philadelphia Eagles 2017

Philadelphia Eagles 2017

Postby gbmoore » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 pm

I'll be using the NFL 2017 Quick Start. I'll consider myslef VP of Football Operations ala Tom Coughlin. I'm gonna try to let the GM and coaches do their thing and only jump in when needed. I'll also keep track of the entire league on top of the Eagles.

I won't do a big recap of the Eagles Roster since that has been beat to death in real life at this point, but I will share a bit about the coaching staff. Some notes are straight from the game/others from my imagination

https://imgur.com/a/Vnnhb

GM-Justin Henry: Extremely charismatic a fiercely loyal to the organization he played for during his career. A smart leader he excels at communication, negotiation and persuasion. Good thing, too, because he likes to trade. Not sure how his volatile personality will play into things. Hoping it all leads to more players deciding to come play in Philly

Head Coach-Tommy Cummings: A 5 star leader. Born to coach. Preaches flexibility on both sides of the ball. His enthusiasm in infectious throughout the organization. He likes a run first power offense and just takes what the defense gives him in passing. On D he likes to field versatile LB's.

Offensive coordinator-Louis Lind: Louis is also a leader but an elite offensive strategist. He's great at developing physical skills and is extremely helpful grooming QB's. As a bonus, the man has a great eye for talent. He likes a Pro Style Hybrid offense and likes big WR's. I'm really hoping HC Cummings pass of play calling to Louis. I'm fairly certain a team will steal him from us next season.

Defensive coordinator-Fred Flynn: A former head coach, he is serious and unrelenting. He asserts his authority and has little tolerance for distractions. His defense revolves around LB's and he aims to shut down the passing game while making the opponent one dimensional.
gbmoore

Re: Philadelphia Eagles 2017

Postby gbmoore » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Training Camps-Like I said in the mod section, due to edits, this first year TC is a little jumbled. Some good news, though, as WR Mack Hollins "has turned some heads at the training facility of the Philadelphia Eagles. The undrafted rookie free agent has put together an astonishing training camp. Reports out of the camp suggest the coaches and fans are excited to see if he can continue his development."

First week match up: Dallas Cowboys

Coaching Strategy: Tommy Cummings has decide to set the game plan on both sides of the ball. He's going with a backfield by committe, TE's are primarily to block, balanced play calling and Mack Hollins will be a guy he tried to get the ball to often. On the Defensive side, it's very vanilla and he will rely on Mychal Kendricks to be his radio.

NOTE: Wow. Just a ton of fun to watch the game play out. I let the CPU auto play the game and just watched. I'm not a Cowboys fan, but really cool to see the full field.

https://ibb.co/dGNYEQ

Dak started off the year on a mission to erase any doubts he is the real deal. Two quick passing touchdowns to Beasley and Bryant capped easy Cowboy drives while the Eagles offense had consecutive three and outs. I watched and began plotting how I could take over play calling duties.

Wentz woke up, though. On the next drive he hit star FA pick up Alshon Jeffery in the corner of the endzone. He followed that up with a drive capped with Mack Hollins TD (maybe he is for real).

Both offenses slowed down at this point and we didn't see another score until mid 3rd quarter when Dak scampered in from 6 out to put the Cowboys up 21-20. It took a while, but Wentz connected with Jeffery again to close the 3rd quarter and the Eagles never looked back.

Cowboys made it close when Elliot ran it in from 1 yard out to make it 30-28, but Wentz hit Jefferey on a desperate 3rd and 11 to get the first and allow the Eagles to run the clock out.

Star of the Game: Carson Wentz - 26/40 for 313 yards and 3 TD's. Sproles added 100 on the ground.

https://ibb.co/n6tvTk

Next Game: SF 49ers

Next Post: Around the league in Week 1.
gbmoore

Postby gbmoore » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Just a note that I will also be posting the dynasty over at SimNation. I can't really post pics here and I'm a sucker for pretty things. If anyone has advice for posting pics here, let me know. I think it's a strength of the games here and would make sense to be able to show some of it off.

EDIT: was given a tip for posting images here and will try with week 2.

I'll still post here, but pics will be on the other page.

http://www.simnation.net/forums/showthr ... post249447
Last edited by gbmoore on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbmoore

Postby gbmoore » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Game Recaps for Week 1
Packers - 17, Bears - 10
Lions - 28, Vikings - 3
Falcons - 20, Saints - 17
Buccaneers - 31, Panthers - 24
Eagles - 30, Cowboys - 28
Giants - 24, Redskins - 21
Cardinals - 30, Seahawks - 17
49ers - 17, Rams - 6
Ravens - 13, Browns - 7
Steelers - 34, Bengals - 9
Texans - 19, Jaguars - 7
Titans - 28, Colts - 24
Patriots - 38, Bills - 20
Jets - 17, Dolphins - 14
Raiders - 23, Broncos - 20
Chiefs - 23, Chargers - 16

Week 1: FS Johnathan Cyprien (Ten) wins Defensive Player of the Week
FS Cyprien's ball hawking ability was on display in the Titans 28-24 game with the Indianapolis Colts. He finished with 9 Tck, 1 Int, 1 Def TD, 1 FR.

"Johnathan has the unique ability to make plays and generate turnovers." -Titans Defensive Coordinator

Week 1: QB Carson Wentz (Phi) wins Offensive Player of the Week
The Philadelphia Eagles' Carson Wentz threw 3 touchdowns, completing 26 of 40 passes for 313 yards in the Eagles victory over the Dallas Cowboys.

Around the League:
Derek Carr put up 344 yds, but 2 interceptions nearly cost the Raiders a win. Cooper pulled in 5 for 152 and Crabtree added 5 for 136.
Marvin Jones took 2 to the house and added 122 yards.
Brady threw 3 TD's including 2 to Brandin Cooks.
Jameis gets off to a great start with 300 in the air and 3 TD's.
Vic Beasley got 3 Sacks.
Deone Bucannon (AZ), Jimmy Smith (Bal), Marshon Lattimore (NO), and Brandon Marshall (Den) all had pick sixes.
gbmoore

Postby gbmoore » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:08 pm

I've been playing but not posting, I'll get you updated on my games here and then a look at the league next.

Eagles 30, 49ers 27
9ers played us tough, but a couple of late field goals sealed the deal. We really dominated most stats but penalties and a turnover kept it close.
Stars: Mack Hollins-116 yds receiving and Mychal Kendricks with 2 sacks.

Eagles 27, Cowboys 17
We had a much easier time this game. Wentz was a very efficient 14/19 with 2 TD's.

Eagles 26, Packers 17
Closer than the score. Rodgers was driving for the lead late in the 4th, but Malcolm Jenkins grabbed a pick 6 to lock it up with 40 seconds left.

We are looking really solid right now. I'm gonna let the coaching settings ride. We've got some winnable games the next few weeks.
gbmoore

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Keep the updates coming
C-Bailey24

Postby wavy92 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 am

nice dynasty report so far :)
wavy92

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 Dynasty Reports