Human vs. CPU control in online leagues

Human vs. CPU control in online leagues

Postby Schlitz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:56 pm

I just found out about this game a few days ago and it looks really interesting and I am considering buying it. I have a few questions about online leagues as I can see joining or running one being a LOT of fun.

Is there a limit on how many teams can be in an online league? Minimum/maximum?
Does the league need to be filled with human players or can there be CPU controlled teams as well?
Is there a high degree of difficulty in running your own league?

I'll probably pick up the game soon and may try to get some buddies to buy it as well so we could be in a league together. I know how hard it can be to run full size sports leagues and keep them filled with active players which is why I ask about CPU controlled teams.

Thanks for any help!
Schlitz

Re: Human vs. CPU control in online leagues

Postby AKH » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Is there a limit on how many teams can be in an online league? Minimum/maximum?
- you can play online with custom leagues of up to 72 teams. (which is the biggest leaguesize for solo play as well)

Does the league need to be filled with human players or can there be CPU controlled teams as well?
- all teams that arent set to human owner will be run by the AI

Is there a high degree of difficulty in running your own league?
- no - all you need is a website to upload the leaguefile and exports.
AKH

Postby Schlitz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:09 am

Thanks for the help. I'm having a few issues with the demo but so far I'm really liking what I've seen. Hoping I can get the issues resolved and buy the full game soon to jump into some league play!
Schlitz

Postby Schlitz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:03 am

Well it took me a while to finally get around to buying the game... just too much going on since the start of the year.

I'll be looking to join an established online league but I also want to start my own to possibly just play with a couple of friends. So I'm trying to start one as a test to get things up and running but I'm having a few issues.
I had posted some questions in a thread I found but just noticed it was for DDSPF 2016 so decided to repost here.

I can't seem to get the HTML files to upload through the game. I've followed the instructions above and I think the issue for me is I'm unsure about the Web root. I'm using a free web host and this is the link:

http://schlitzblitz.000webhostapp.com/league/Index.html

I understand I need to upload to the /league/ folder

Do I put http://schlitzblitz.000webhostapp.com as the web root or would it be public_html like I see when I access my ftp server to upload other files? I've tried a couple of times each way but can't seem to get it to work. When I process the HTML files they get saved in the DDSPF HTML folder in MY DOCUMENTS on my PC. I can then upload them manually which is how I got them online. It would just be a lot easier to do it with one click in the game.

Also, I assume I must also put the .bin file online? Would this also go into the /league/ folder?

I tried using the in game help to answer these questions but it's very bare bones.
Schlitz

Postby AKH » Sat May 05, 2018 5:56 am

i think it should be public_html, but brooks is the wiz on these issues.
AKH

Postby Schlitz » Sat May 05, 2018 6:16 am

AKH wrote:i think it should be public_html, but brooks is the wiz on these issues.

Yeah that was the problem. Once I put public_html in there is uploaded everything fine. Thanks!
Schlitz

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2018 Online Leagues