Bugs and issues.

Bugs and issues.

Postby Richard99 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 am

1: Scouting. The Guide says "The amount of points you have to assign during the scouting phase is derived from how much of your staff budget is transferred to the scouting department."
I hired only cheap coaches to have 10.5 million transferred to scouting and i still only got 300 points. The only change was to scout a player cost 9 points instead of 10.

2: Training. The default schedule has 5 points assigned to each. If i change it to say 8-4-4-4, just changing to 4 from 5 causes all the players to lose massive amounts of skill points, i lost 10-15 off all my players Overall in 1 season.

3: Depth Chart. AI Set All, AI set off and AI set def, have some issues. The AI will often not set the same player in QB1 and QB2 or RB1 and 2 etc. To fix this you need to set these positions to blank, then save, then press the AI set button.
In offence and defence depth charts the AI will often miss the best player off the depth chart and you have to set the position to blank as above.

4: Possible memory leak. Several times when i was testing some things and starting a few new games the game started using 1.5gb of memory then all the graphics fail to load. I'll attach the error log.

5: Trade Block. AI teams will put good players on the trade block then tell you they dont want to sell them when you make an offer.

6: New Game Creation Draft. This is the same draft screen as a normal draft including only 7 rounds of projection, you can filter players, but would it not be better to show the player overall in the list and have all the players skills and personality revealed or at least make it an option so its more like a fantasy draft.

7: Pro Bowl. Only one QB, RB etc play the game instead of being split between all the pro bowlers.

8: The Manual. It says Pro Football on the manual but all the information it contains is for the college game.
Richard99

Re: Bugs and issues.

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks, some of these items I was aware of and some are new. I'll take a look.
brooks_piggott

Postby Praetor1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:52 am

I definitely agree the initial draft should show all players as if they were scouted fully and interviewed.
Praetor1

Postby Praetor1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 am

Also when I started my game, all of my coaches wanted new contracts, and since there is no staff hiring phase to start the game I had to resign them.
After simming the year I ended up with 20.5 million of my 20 million budget and it showed I contributed -5 million to scouting.

I ended up having to turn around and FIRE my coaches and GM (Of the team that just won the Superbowl no less) so I could have scouting points.

Does the 20 Million budget ever increase?

Maybe it should be a definable amount in configuration.
Praetor1

Postby Whomario » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Praetor1 wrote:Also when I started my game, all of my coaches wanted new contracts, and since there is no staff hiring phase to start the game I had to resign them.
After simming the year I ended up with 20.5 million of my 20 million budget and it showed I contributed -5 million to scouting.

I ended up having to turn around and FIRE my coaches and GM (Of the team that just won the Superbowl no less) so I could have scouting points.

Does the 20 Million budget ever increase?

Maybe it should be a definable amount in configuration.

I think (!) they say they want a new contract since they are on 1 year contracts. At least they were for me and i simply played out the season and then had 4 empty spots to fill.

What seems strange is that all coaches seem to be more or less equally inept in most coaching areas. Hardly any coach has any category there above 3 stars, most below 2.
Whomario

Postby Templer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Richard99 wrote:...
8: The Manual. It says Pro Football on the manual but all the information it contains is for the college game.

This is quite a weird bug, isn't it?
Last edited by Templer on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby Whomario » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Draft:

Under the search tab, you can see the entire upcoming draft class. In itself this would be fine, the issue is that you can also see their OVRL as well as their individual ratings in their profile.

Now of course one could "not look", but ideally they could look and simply not see a lot of information. Even more ideally one would see simulated college stats for them to draw conclusions off, which might or might not be correct. (a QB could put up dominating stats but still be a dud due to lack of competition)

in career mode btw, not sandbox where i could see that as being intended.
Whomario

Postby Templer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:50 pm

V. 2.0.0

Training Schedule
None of the underlined players open their player cards.
In DDSPF16 they do.
Templer

Postby Templer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:15 pm

V. 2.0.0

1. Preseason Week 1 - next to one another

2. It's not a bug per se, but somtimes players with link are blue, sometimes black.
This is inconsistent.
Templer

Postby Robmeister89 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Found that one the other day Templer. I believe they're going to fix that..

Also, the export button for draftees in the draft screen still says CSV instead of JSON.
Robmeister89

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football Future Suggestions