Day 1 bugs

Day 1 bugs

Postby JohnnySlick » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 am

Since there's not a separate bug report thread/subforum as of yet, here are the ones I've found thus far:

- You can't specify number of teams in the game setup. It's just greyed out.
- If you add a GM after the game starts, you have to reload the league in order to assign that person to a team.
- The "add a GM" screen is jacked up when you're adding a GM after league creation. The initial screen looks OK.
- There's a null reference exception that got thrown when I tried to add more than 1 GM at a time to an existing league, and then when I attempted to reload the save I got an "unable to read to the end of the stream" error followed by a crash.

For reasons noted above I haven't actually gotten to actual gameplay yet so I guess I'll let you know when I find something in there.
JohnnySlick

Re: Day 1 bugs

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 am

JohnnySlick wrote:Since there's not a separate bug report thread/subforum as of yet, here are the ones I've found thus far:

- If you add a GM after the game starts, you have to reload the league in order to assign that person to a team.
- The "add a GM" screen is jacked up when you're adding a GM after league creation. The initial screen looks OK.
- There's a null reference exception that got thrown when I tried to add more than 1 GM at a time to an existing league, and then when I attempted to reload the save I got an "unable to read to the end of the stream" error followed by a crash.

For reasons noted above I haven't actually gotten to actual gameplay yet so I guess I'll let you know when I find something in there.

I did notice a box showing over the add GM screen and the bars for the ratings aren't going far enough across - is that what you're referring to as "jacked up" or is your screen showing something worse?

When I added a GM I was able to add him to a team right there and then could exit the league, reload and log in as the new owner and it went to his team. I will add a reminder that if you don't save the league after adding a new GM the changes don't keep. I was also able to add multiple GMs in a row without issue. Can you repeat that error?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby sheeds » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 am

I am not seeing season preview , even after simming a season
sheeds

Postby RedKingGold » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:49 am

I'm still not seeing the Season Preview either, and I noted that in the beta.

Also, League Media is not pulling in individual player leaders on a per game basis, such as when players have good statistical performances or have a triple double.
RedKingGold

Postby RedKingGold » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 am

I figured out part of it. It looks like the issue is that some things are not pulling until after October 31, which was the former start date of the NBA season.

The Season Preview is still there, but it does not appear until October 31. Similarity, the conference standings do not show up until around October 31, two weeks into the season.
RedKingGold

Postby mschinner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:43 am

I'm trying to create a fictional league with fictional rosters, but I can't change the league size from 30. Any help would be appreciated.
mschinner

Postby dim13 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:25 am

For now, it seems you need to save the default.dat file located in the \setup\ directory as default.MDB (Access 2002-2003 format).

Then when you create a new game, check CUSTOM and select the default.MDB file.

Here is a copy of the default.dat file saved as default.MDB:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5l1as58k0qfm932/default.mdb

Saved this file to your \DDS Pro Basketball 2018\setup\ directory (where default.dat is located)
dim13

Postby JohnnySlick » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:47 am

Gary Gorski wrote:
JohnnySlick wrote:Since there's not a separate bug report thread/subforum as of yet, here are the ones I've found thus far:

I did notice a box showing over the add GM screen and the bars for the ratings aren't going far enough across - is that what you're referring to as "jacked up" or is your screen showing something worse?

When I added a GM I was able to add him to a team right there and then could exit the league, reload and log in as the new owner and it went to his team. I will add a reminder that if you don't save the league after adding a new GM the changes don't keep. I was also able to add multiple GMs in a row without issue. Can you repeat that error?
You can do this one GM at a time, although the new GM won't show up in the dropdown box under GMs until you save and reload the game. My problem here was either in adding multiple GMs at once or in adding multiple GMs at once and forgetting to assign them a team (so they both wind up on Albuquerque, the first team alphabetically). IIRC this was an issue in 2017 as well.

As for the GM creation screen, yes, that's what I meant by "jacked up".
JohnnySlick

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Good catch RKG on the date - that will be an easy fix. I have the other issues noted and am working on updates
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby dudefan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:59 pm

you can excercise options forever if you click on a player who is eligible first, you can extend any other player you click after that, no matter how old the player is or if there i a team option in his contract.. Big Bug
dudefan

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion