What's New For DDS: Pro Basketball 2018

Re: What's New For DDS: Pro Basketball 2018

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Ezstepper wrote:Sorry if I looked over it but

Are Triple Doubles and Double Doubles kept up with in the history and almanac all time stat sections? If not, will they be added.

I noticed that it keeps up with these two stats on individual player profile screen.

Another question, With all of the talk about historical leagues, Can you start a historical franchise with a fantasy draft?

Thanks for the help. Enjoying the game so far.

We did not change anything with the in game almanac but we always take suggestions of things to add in. The same would go for the fantasy draft with a historical franchise. That is kind of a fun idea to look at adding down the line!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Ezstepper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
Ezstepper wrote:Sorry if I looked over it but

Are Triple Doubles and Double Doubles kept up with in the history and almanac all time stat sections? If not, will they be added.

I noticed that it keeps up with these two stats on individual player profile screen.

Another question, With all of the talk about historical leagues, Can you start a historical franchise with a fantasy draft?

Thanks for the help. Enjoying the game so far.

We did not change anything with the in game almanac but we always take suggestions of things to add in. The same would go for the fantasy draft with a historical franchise. That is kind of a fun idea to look at adding down the line!

Of course I think both would be great additions to the game and it would be great if they could somehow sneak their way into this year's version.

- The All - Time tracking of double and triple doubles is more relevant than ever with the all around skills of today's player. Example, Westbrook this past season.

- The addition of fantasy draft for historical just for the "Awesomeness" factor of being able to start a historical franchise with your hand picked team.

Thanks for the reply
Ezstepper

Postby Ezstepper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 pm

It looks like it does give you the option to do a fantasy draft with the historical mod file. I'm going to try it and see if it works correctly.
Ezstepper

Postby Ezstepper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Ezstepper wrote:It looks like it does give you the option to do a fantasy draft with the historical mod file. I'm going to try it and see if it works correctly.

The Historical Fantasy Draft worked. The only downfall for me, is not having the option to start the franchise from scratch. I would like to be able to delete all historical stats before starting. Custom league gives you that option but historical doesn't

Is there a work around somehow for me to get the franchise how I want it? If not, is it an option that can easily be added?

Thanks again and have a great Thanksgiving Holiday
Ezstepper

Postby rawr123456787654 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:52 pm

All-Time triple-doubles and double-doubles are under the almanac in "records", under the "career" type. From what I recall in the last game, they're updated every season, not game-to-game. Not sure about the historical database wiping part - but if you start with one of the 4 ABA teams (Spurs, Nuggets, Pacers, Nets) they'll all have a blank history, from which you can carve out your own future! Could always swap the logo and name with the team you want if you're worried about immersion.
rawr123456787654

Postby Ezstepper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

rawr123456787654 wrote:All-Time triple-doubles and double-doubles are under the almanac in "records", under the "career" type. From what I recall in the last game, they're updated every season, not game-to-game. Not sure about the historical database wiping part - but if you start with one of the 4 ABA teams (Spurs, Nuggets, Pacers, Nets) they'll all have a blank history, from which you can carve out your own future! Could always swap the logo and name with the team you want if you're worried about immersion.

I found the triple doubles and double doubles. Not sure how I overlooked them to start with.

I figured out how to start a fictional universe while having access to historical draft classes using the downloadable historical DB in the mods section.

- Downloaded Historical DB from mod section
- Downloaded MDB Plus to edit historical DB file (first time I used this particular program)

- Open file up with MDB Plus - (You may find an easier way with this or another program but this is what I did) Copied "Duplicate with structure only" all of the following tables. After copied, I named them the same as original with a 1 ex. "Awards1". I then deleted the original tables and renamed the duplicates taking away the 1 from the name.

Tables edited: Awards, Champions, Hall of Fame, Retired Coaches, Retired Jerseys and Season Stats

After doing these steps (5 - 10 Minutes) I started my franchise opting to have random draft classes. The really cool thing is it starts with a universe of scrubs. All players are 1 star overall.

When I got to the All Star Break it would crash out with an error message. After reading the message and thinking about when it was crashing, I exported the game DB. Changed the first 20 players to "2" experience and tried it again. It worked the next time.

It was crashing because you can't have a rookies v. sophmores game if you don't have any sophmores.

I've simmed through 4 seasons with no real issues. The game will randomly crash here and there but it doesn't appear to be anything related to the changes that I made.

If you attempt this, I would highly recommend saving the game before rookie class default download. I have seen what appears to be fictionally generated classes thrown in with the historical ones.

Hope it works for anyone interested in trying it.
Ezstepper

Postby Mgomrjsuf » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:34 am

To make me want to buy this year's version Is the Offseason like in real life because it doesn't skip any days and OTTP.Franchise Hockey Manager/Eastside Hockey Nanager you get to sim 362 days a year so like when Summer League is going on Teams can still hire Staff if they still have
openings,sign Free-Agents,make Trades and so on because it happens in real life. Also in real life like this year most Teams have filled their Staff openings before the NBA Finals were over can that happen in this Game same with July 1st can start talking to guys who have just became a Free-Agent but deals aren't Offical intill July 10 and got rid of 30 day period?

Also in Historical Leagues can we have Historical Transactions and so on turn on? In Players History does it show who they were Drafted by because would do then a Drafted by Teams League? Edit League Structure? World Templates so Trades with other Leagues can happen so like let's say 90 Chicago Bulls Trade Pippen to the Lakers for Ingram,Ball and so on? League Evoultion so the Computer can Expand when it wants to,change League Rules and so on? Lots of Trades at Draft including in second round,Adam Silver announcing Trades/Picks in first round? Have a contract with ESPN/NBATV/TNT to use their people in Game so for examples Mark Jackson besides been a NBA Play by Play Commentator for ESPN/ABC would still be on Coaching Staff Free-Agent Market and when somebody retires like let's say Lebron James could say ESPN has hired him for NBA Jump. Also in Game it could say David Aldridge is reporting on Leonard to 76ers or American Basketball Assoication has signed a deal with NBA so Teams have another League other then GL to send players to?
Mgomrjsuf

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion