Things noticed in testing the beta

Things noticed in testing the beta

Postby RedKingGold » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 pm

First, I really love the new "Breaking News" ticker when simming. Definitely nice to see important injuries and trades brought to attention.

A few quick issues/changes noticed in testing:

*It does not seem any charges are being recorded, at least not on the player cards.
*The default player file seems a bit overpowered, I have at least 4-5 players averaging over 30.0 PPG per season.
*Is the Season Preview gone? Not seeing it show up with the reports at the start of a new season.
RedKingGold

Re: Things noticed in testing the beta

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:37 pm

The season preview is not gone - it may not populate for the first season though. I will look into the issues mentioned
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby mpleague » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Just writing this as I play so it will probably be pretty stream-of-thought, but I'll try to keep it organized.

Positives
Randomize potential now being an option in league creation. I always found that the single player mode got boring over time as I learned who would typically boom and who would typically bust. This should keep things fresh.

The ticker is indeed very cool.

Getting defensive stats back is huge. Pairing that with lineup data has made coaching feel more impactful than ever before.

Negatives
Logo doesn't display in the taskbar. This is so minor but it does matter.

Submatrix generation is really weird. My backup PG is my 10th man who is set to play both PG/SG. When I auto-generated my sub-matrix, my backup PG is set to get 16 minutes; 8 of them are as the SG in the final 8 minutes of the game. He shouldn't be playing the final 8 minutes, let alone as the SG while I have two players ahead of him in the DC set to play SG. My 7th man is my backup PF, he's only set to get 2 minutes per game.

Player progression doesn't seem to update properly. Unless it is only yearly, which isn't that great. We all know ratings update on January 8th and March 20th, those should be included in the player progression screen during the season. Once the season is over, then you can erase those. For example, during the 2017 season, it should show their ratings on opening day, on January 8th, on March 20th, and then when the season is over, it should just show on opening day and at the end of the year.

The summer league playoffs don't display in the "Show Playoffs" screen.

Other
We've never had this, but I wish we could have all the stats in the league leaders page. Or have a place where we can look at all the stats among all players in the league. Would be nice to be able to quickly see the league's individual stats in offensive rebounds per game, block percentage, PER, PA/SF, all the stats that show up in various places in the game but not in the league leaders page. If I want to know who leads the league in offensive rebounds per game, or even who the top 10 players are, I have to go team by team and do the work on my own.

I would love it if the shot chart on the player's individual pages was color coded. It's not easy to just look at the shot chart and see what's going on, as it is pretty busy.
mpleague

Postby C-Bailey24 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 pm

mpleague wrote:Just writing this as I play so it will probably be pretty stream-of-thought, but I'll try to keep it organized.

Positives
Randomize potential now being an option in league creation. I always found that the single player mode got boring over time as I learned who would typically boom and who would typically bust. This should keep things fresh.

The ticker is indeed very cool.

Getting defensive stats back is huge. Pairing that with lineup data has made coaching feel more impactful than ever before.

Negatives
Logo doesn't display in the taskbar. This is so minor but it does matter.

Submatrix generation is really weird. My backup PG is my 10th man who is set to play both PG/SG. When I auto-generated my sub-matrix, my backup PG is set to get 16 minutes; 8 of them are as the SG in the final 8 minutes of the game. He shouldn't be playing the final 8 minutes, let alone as the SG while I have two players ahead of him in the DC set to play SG. My 7th man is my backup PF, he's only set to get 2 minutes per game.

Player progression doesn't seem to update properly. Unless it is only yearly, which isn't that great. We all know ratings update on January 8th and March 20th, those should be included in the player progression screen during the season. Once the season is over, then you can erase those. For example, during the 2017 season, it should show their ratings on opening day, on January 8th, on March 20th, and then when the season is over, it should just show on opening day and at the end of the year.

The summer league playoffs don't display in the "Show Playoffs" screen.

Other
We've never had this, but I wish we could have all the stats in the league leaders page. Or have a place where we can look at all the stats among all players in the league. Would be nice to be able to quickly see the league's individual stats in offensive rebounds per game, block percentage, PER, PA/SF, all the stats that show up in various places in the game but not in the league leaders page. If I want to know who leads the league in offensive rebounds per game, or even who the top 10 players are, I have to go team by team and do the work on my own.

I would love it if the shot chart on the player's individual pages was color coded. It's not easy to just look at the shot chart and see what's going on, as it is pretty busy.

There's a player progression screen? I never knew this
C-Bailey24

Postby C-Bailey24 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Never mind. I found it. Can't believe i missed it.
C-Bailey24

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion