No real players ?

Re: No real players ?

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:19 pm

nykrealgm wrote:I bought the game this year for the first time ever after it was recommended to me by someone who has used it for the past few years. I have to say, as someone who is not technologically handy, I am completely lost on how to get real players also. I downloaded the game and then followed the directions but have no idea how to unzip those files and can't even find a "setup/imports" folder anywhere? I thought the game would be more ready to play when I purchased it. Any help would be appreciated.

To unzip something you right click on the zip file you downloaded and click open - that will bring up a windows folder and you just drag the two files in the folder to your imports folder. The game most likely was installed to C:/Wolverine Studios/DDSPB2018 and in that folder should be a setup folder and in that folder an imports folder. Just drag those two files from the window of the zip folder to that folder and when you to create a league choose custom and then those files should popup for you to choose.

Make sure also you have the latest version of the game which is 1.1 now
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby flashmoney » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:20 pm

So real rosters for 2017 and real coaches don’t yet exist? I bought this game last year and didn’t realize this years version would be so incomplete upon purchase. I am sure that detail was somewhere, I just expected the same game I got last year with updated rosters.
flashmoney

Postby slingblade73 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
slingblade73 wrote:Neither of these files work, the game crashes when using both to create a league.

It's working fine for me - are you changing anything at setup and what kind of error message are you getting?

Standard install with no changes.

I unchecked reset draft picks, that is all.
slingblade73

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:45 pm

flashmoney wrote:So real rosters for 2017 and real coaches don’t yet exist? I bought this game last year and didn’t realize this years version would be so incomplete upon purchase. I am sure that detail was somewhere, I just expected the same game I got last year with updated rosters.

Yes there is a mod file for the 2017 rosters - first post in this thread. Just download the file, unzip to your DDSPB2018/setup/imports folder and choose either one of those files in the game when setting up a custom league.

viewtopic.php?f=253&t=28084
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:49 pm

slingblade73 wrote:
I unchecked reset draft picks, that is all.

That's what's doing it - I will fix it but in the meantime just leave it checked and it will work fine. All the picks in the template file were set to their own team anyway so it will be the same result either way unless the database file is modified on your end or by someone else
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion