No real players ?

No real players ?

Postby Lalblc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Where are the real players I only see fictional ones ?
Lalblc

Re: No real players ?

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:11 pm

As mentioned in a few other threads we have decided to open up the player modding to the community through a better roster modding process. Please see this thread (or the ? icon in the league create screen) for info.

viewtopic.php?f=253&t=28084
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Lalblc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:26 pm

I have no clue how to use this stuff I guess I just wasted my money why couldn't u just leave it alone.
Lalblc

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Download the file on that page, unzip to your DDSPB18/setup/imports folder - start a new league and click the custom box and then choose one of the files to create the league. The upside is that you can then edit the database files if you want or wait for others to do so and download their verisons and have far more roster options. Plus if your or someone else edits the other info in the file (like the teams) then that's one less thing you would need to edit every time you start a new game :)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Lalblc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Could you put a video on your youtube channel on how to do it exactly that would be a lot better for me.
Lalblc

Postby slingblade73 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:51 am

Neither of these files work, the game crashes when using both to create a league.
slingblade73

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:50 am

slingblade73 wrote:Neither of these files work, the game crashes when using both to create a league.

It's working fine for me - are you changing anything at setup and what kind of error message are you getting?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Aceshigh24 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:31 pm

I think I'm lost in the benefits of buying this version when i feel like i have to do so much work just to get real life rosters and last years version already has it for me? I mean i love giving back to Wolverine by buying games so i don't mind spending the money to help the cause, just confused on this roster thing.
Aceshigh24

Postby nykrealgm » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:56 pm

I bought the game this year for the first time ever after it was recommended to me by someone who has used it for the past few years. I have to say, as someone who is not technologically handy, I am completely lost on how to get real players also. I downloaded the game and then followed the directions but have no idea how to unzip those files and can't even find a "setup/imports" folder anywhere? I thought the game would be more ready to play when I purchased it. Any help would be appreciated.
nykrealgm

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Aceshigh24 wrote:I think I'm lost in the benefits of buying this version when i feel like i have to do so much work just to get real life rosters and last years version already has it for me? I mean i love giving back to Wolverine by buying games so i don't mind spending the money to help the cause, just confused on this roster thing.

I guess I assumed everyone modded the game to get real logos, courts, photos etc so downloading a roster file wouldn't be that big of an issue when it gives the community much greater flexibility with the rosters.

I've asked the member who created the installer for the logos etc to include the roster and historical files as well. We will also try and do a video or some other method of helping those who are having difficulty.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion