Encountered Bugs

Encountered Bugs

Postby rawr123456787654 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Howdy! Looking forward to diving into things :).

Something I've immediately noticed that was an issue with previous versions as well - when selecting European leagues, no player unique IDs are generated meaning no import/export can be used for databases. Anyway to fix this?
rawr123456787654

Re: Encountered Bugs

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:45 pm

I will definitely take a look into this
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby rawr123456787654 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Much appreciated Gary! Loving the breaking news feature, the D-League management, and all of the other things I've noticed so far. Is it just me, or does this game run way faster than previous versions? Thanks for everything!
rawr123456787654

Postby rawr123456787654 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:11 pm

If this can be fixed, is there anyway to set it up to add in European leagues to ongoing files sort of quasi-expansion draft style? Just like a commissioner page button for maybe activating them if you didn't start off with them (helps with realism too, as FIBA teams didn't pick up pace until the late 20th century).
rawr123456787654

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 pm

rawr123456787654 wrote:If this can be fixed, is there anyway to set it up to add in European leagues to ongoing files sort of quasi-expansion draft style? Just like a commissioner page button for maybe activating them if you didn't start off with them (helps with realism too, as FIBA teams didn't pick up pace until the late 20th century).

This definitely wouldn't be possible with this version - the Euro side isn't really something alot of people have had interest in. Maybe if DDSPB gets a more international audience wanting more on that side of the game I would look to add more there.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby rawr123456787654 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Totally understood, itd probably double the size of a file at least.

Another bug I noticed last night (maybe not "bug" per se);
- When I finished the 1977 season, I couldn't see everyone who retired because of how many coaches were re-signed/fired/etc. any way to make the transactions page more scrollable/enter a storage page accessible somewhere? Also becomes useful as a lot of those things get pushed down throughout the course of later summer activities and such anyways.
rawr123456787654

Postby rawr123456787654 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Another bug; some teams don't show play-off records under team history. Atlanta finished with a 46-36 record my first season and was swept in the playoffs, Boston finished with a 40-42 record second season and lost 1-4 in the first round, so maybe it has something to do with the date the team is knocked out based on the new playoff dates? Would be my first guess as some teams like Kansas City (renamed Sacramento) the first season - who finished 35-47 but made it 4-2 against the Lakers in the posts-season - do show "first round" in the playoffs, while others like Denver (who finished first season 45-37 and was swept in the first playoffs round) do not.

EDIT: Did some experimenting. Any team that loses 4-1 or gets swept in the first round doesn't show up. Teams that made it to 6 games - which for the eastern conference is April 22nd - do show up. If I recall correctly, in previous installations playoffs would start on the 22nd, so my guess would be the date is causing the bug.
rawr123456787654

Postby rawr123456787654 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Two-way contracts cause weird lingering issues in the roster. Rather, once done with one team, they'll often still appear in their original team/the team they were on before as well. Can't verify if it goes away after a season or not, but I think with one guy it's lasted at least two so far. So, while this one guy is now on the Philadelphia 76ers, I still see his name on my roster - though when I click him, his player profile shows as if he was on the 76ers, and he's not on the depth chart.

Another two way issue - players don't stay on the D-League roster their second year. This leads to them going a year still signed on to the two-way deal, but playing for no team and unable to get picked up - basically, existing in a limbo. I also notice CPUs will often times sign guys onto 2 way deals instead of just signing them on as a free agent - that could just be me making my own judgments maybe, but the first two issues I mentioned are definitely things worth addressing.
rawr123456787654

Postby rawr123456787654 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Two-way signees are very much bugged. Right now I can't sign a second two-way contract, there's one on my roster and than the aforementioned issue, a guy is on my roster who was originally a two-way signee but is now on a different team. I can renounce him from my page, and he vanishes- but he also seems to leave the team he was already on if I do that and then if I try to fix it via commissioner mode it just creates a clone of him on the team. Can send my save file in if you want to look at it, I'm almost done w year 4 not sure how easy it would be to recreate the issue.
rawr123456787654

Postby rawr123456787654 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but would very much reccomend looking into the 2-way signee system. I'm in season 5 rn and most teams now have a guy suffering from this bug. Also, I can confirm that nearly every player signed to said contract shows up the next season on roster like "Rick Robey - (2W)" and sometimes they'll just vanish unable to be on the depth chart, sometimes they'll be on the depth chart and will be used as if a regular season signee, and often times they'll just get signed by another team but still be on the original roster (or sometimes the third issue will happen but the (2W) won't be there anymore). I try to fix this when I catch wind of it, but releasing the (2W) guys off the original team will often release them for the new team their on without fixing the glitch of them showing up on the roster from the season before - and also now sometimes releasing a guy will cause the game to crash completely. I think it's only getting worse and am now concerned about going forward because I'm not sure if fixing the bug is going to require me to make a new file or not.

One other issue I noticed: this season when Dallas had it's draft pick, it caused the game to crash - can't remember the exact error but I save a file at the end of every season so I could easily recreate it, something along the lines of "can not find an entry for said team". Got around it by simming to human pick, the game didn't struggle to choose for Dallas, so I think maybe it had something to do with how they display on the draft screen? Assuming it's an expansion team issue that won't occur next season once they've got draft entries under their belt, or something along those lines, will letcha know.

Anyways - please look into the (2W) bug, it's a pretty big issue! Pausing my playthrough for now.
rawr123456787654

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion