CRASH SPOTS

Re: CRASH SPOTS

Postby jacob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 am

Well, my last attempt at playing this game didnt take long to end; about 50 games into the first season (simming about a week or two at a time) got another unhandled exception ("index was outside the boundaries of array").

Sadly, I gotta give up on this game despite how fun it can be. I've wasted so many hours and haven't been able to get more than 3-4 seasons deep before being forced to start all over.

Admittedly, I don't know much about computers so I don't wana place all the blame on the game and Gary. Buuuut I can say that DDS:PB2017 and DDS:PB2018 are the only pc games that have given me problems and a quick look through the forum shows that crashes are a pretty widespread problem, almost to the point that those who buy the game are pretty much beta testers. I hate to criticize this game, because Gary is so active in fixing problems.

Really the only thing I wish was different (besides being able to play it) was the price tag, because if the consumers are to be a big part of the game's completion (via reporting all the bugs/glitches/crashes after it's release) then I don't think that the $30-$40 price range is a fair one, especially given how frustrating it can be to lose hours of gameplay time and time again.

Hopefully my disappointment doesn't rub too much of a critical tone onto this post; I'm just trying to give my $0.02 after months of trying to play what looks like an awesome game. Peace y'all!
jacob

Re: CRASH SPOTS

Postby rawr123456787654 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 pm

I get the frustration man but wouldn't be so quick to make that generalization. People on the forum bring up bugs because that's more or less what this forum is for right now, there's other sections for mods and game reports and such. If anything, the focus on solving issues in an impressively quick fashion speaks volumes to the companies eagerness to tackle these kinds of issues right away. Every problem I've encountered so far has been very solvable and I haven't had to restart any playthrough. Often times, when the game crashes it's because of something that either a) I caused by editing something or b) something that's very solvable. If it's an issue with the game, you can send in your file for support - that's a real email address, someone will respond and help you!

But safe travels friend, sorry it didn't work out. To newer players checking out the forum, don't worry, this game is definitely playable and a lot of fun :).
rawr123456787654

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion