CRASH SPOTS

CRASH SPOTS

Postby waltkie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi, my game is crashing about 1/4 of the way through creating html reports and after the awards ceremony, cannot advance further. Help. Thanks.
waltkie

Re: CRASH SPOTS

Postby Tazilon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

I had the exact same problem with my first league. I completed the season, reviewed the season awards, then it crashes to desktop when it tries to move to the next phase. It also crashed about 1/4 of the way through the generation. I created a new league since and it successfully moved through this process twice now.
Tazilon

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 pm

waltkie wrote:Hi, my game is crashing about 1/4 of the way through creating html reports and after the awards ceremony, cannot advance further. Help. Thanks.

Is the game crashing while you are attempting to generate an HTML report in the commissioner office or crashing while proceeding from the awards? Your comment about being unable to advance confuses me because HTML never has to be generated to advance the game
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Tazilon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Gary - it sounds like the exact same problem I am having with any league in which I create all the teams myself. You get to the Awards screen, then when you press the CONTINUE button, it shows the progression bar and gets maybe 20-25% across it - to the same spot it always stop for a period of time - but in these cases it ends up creating a CTD fairly quickly.

I have no idea if the creating multiple custom teams has anything to do with it or not. I have had several pure default leagues make it to multiple seasons (just playing with it to see what works) and the league I am currently playing an extended time has 1 custom team name only. In the 3rd seasons with that one.

My experience has been if a league makes it to the second season, it doesn't have the problem in subsequent years. But so far, more than half the leagues I have made have CTDs at that same spot.

PS: On Friday (because I have the day off) I will send in the files from a league which has this problem.
Tazilon

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm sure if you send the files in we will be able to see what's causing the issue
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby jacob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:21 am

I haven't downloaded version 1.6 yet (just noticed it) but I've been keeping pace with the updates in the hopes of finally being able to really get into this game (when I lose a lot of progress 'cause of a crash I get frustrated, stop playing for awhile, then start a new league when I come back to the game like an ex who keeps cheating on me). I'm still getting several different types of crashes at different (or random) points in the game:

- When I expand the league I can't run the expansion draft...well actually I can technically, I guess, since the buttons at the top remain clickable, but I have no idea who the players are or what's going on because most of the draft screen is blocked off by the evil ghost of the commissioner screen that I went to in order to start the expansion.

- "Unhandled Exception" at, as far as I can tell, random spots.

- "DDS:PB2018 is not responding" at random spots.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the last two, I gotta get better at identifying a pattern if there is one. It's just that when one of those random crashes happen, the only thing that goes through my mind is "Arrghhh wtf, c'mon man!". At first I thought they were only happening after an hour of continuous play, but then just now I had another one happen (of the "DDS:PB2018 is not responding" variety) after only going from the D-League draft to the start of the season and starting to sim.

Edit: I tried loading the league mentioned above to continue on but it keeps giving me the same message ("...not responding") after simming a couple of games (I usually sim about a month at a time).
jacob

Postby brentgoettsche » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:01 pm

mine is crashing, whether I customize the league or not, to any capacity. it also crashes at random moments.

is there a way to do the updated player ratings/roster and use it on the 2017 program? that one didn't crash that often for me.
brentgoettsche

Postby jacob » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:06 am

^ Not a bad idea, I forgot I have PB17...though it does suck to only end up getting a few seasons out of PB18. I think I might give it one more try whenever my current FOF run is done.
jacob

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:40 am

I would love to see the league files of the one that you say is not responding. In fact there's a 1.7 update on its way that might fix a cause of it especially if you were using a real mod.

What size resolution are you using in regards to the expansion draft? I would like to try and recreate your settings to see if I can recreate this issue on my side
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby jacob » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:38 am

Sorry but, dumb question incoming: Is sending the league files done by going into commisioner mode and clicking "Export" and then emailing that to you?

I tend to delete my leagues cuz they build up fast it gets tough to remember which is the current working one, even with being able to see the date of the most recent save (plus OCD). I'm about to start a new league now though and will try sending the file if I get the same error message on this one.

And I do have player and logo mods in use, downloading the latest update right now.
jacob

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion