Ratings progression

Ratings progression

Postby salpica » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 am

From what I noticed only at the beginning of each season you see the progression of the players' ratings.

But what influences this evolution? The minutes of the game? It is the age?

Can not train any characteristics?

Thanks for the answers
salpica

Re: Ratings progression

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:42 pm

The only time the new ratings screen updates is after training camp. However the ratings do change during the season. You simply have to watch for that to occur. Then the basketball icons increase (usually a half-ball) that is an indication the player's ratings have improved. I wish there were a way to chart this progression in the game, however the data base would grow much larger. I assume that is why it does not happen.

You can set what the players do in training camp on the screen that governs that.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Tazilon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Your_Imaginary_Friend wrote:The only time the new ratings screen updates is after training camp. However the ratings do change during the season. You simply have to watch for that to occur. Then the basketball icons increase (usually a half-ball) that is an indication the player's ratings have improved. I wish there were a way to chart this progression in the game, however the data base would grow much larger. I assume that is why it does not happen.

You can set what the players do in training camp on the screen that governs that.

They change during the season? I have never seen mine do that....got to watch more now....lol
Tazilon

Postby Tazilon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Yep - been watching them and have seen both potential and current ratings change on several players.
Tazilon

Postby salpica » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Tazilon wrote:Yep - been watching them and have seen both potential and current ratings change on several players.

But what influences this evolution? The minutes that play? Their stats? Random? The age?

For example a rookie if playing 20 minutes has more evolution than if playing 10 minutes?
salpica

Postby mpleague » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Yeah, they change on January 8th and March 20th.

Also, I don’t think there’s any official answer about what influences development, but the consensus understanding seems to be that it’s some combination of playing time, work ethic, coach’s development rating, age/experience, and a healthy dose of randomness.
mpleague

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:19 pm

mpleague wrote:Yeah, they change on January 8th and March 20th.

Also, I don’t think there’s any official answer about what influences development, but the consensus understanding seems to be that it’s some combination of playing time, work ethic, coach’s development rating, age/experience, and a healthy dose of randomness.

Thanks for repeating the dates. I never made an exact note.

The factors you mention are what I always consider in for a draft pick. If I come across bad work ethic, I never draft the guy. And my second round pick must have high work ethic since he's a long shot at best.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Tazilon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:43 pm

In my latest draft, I needed a PF badly but had a low draft number. I actually managed to trade up to #12 and snagged a 1.5/3.5 PF. Imagine my happiness when he moved to 3.0 by the end of the year - but the best news is he is now 3.0/4.5! Maybe my staff found me a real diamond in the rough!
Tazilon

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Tazilon wrote:In my latest draft, I needed a PF badly but had a low draft number. I actually managed to trade up to #12 and snagged a 1.5/3.5 PF. Imagine my happiness when he moved to 3.0 by the end of the year - but the best news is he is now 3.0/4.5! Maybe my staff found me a real diamond in the rough!

This is one of the most fun parts of the game - there's always scouting error involved and with a combination of the aforementioned items players advance during the course of a season so its very possible you did score the steal of the draft!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion