Observations

Observations

Postby Ezstepper » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:07 pm

As I have posted in a different section, I am using the historical DB ( with my modifications).

It started with a fictional universe of players (all 1 star) with random historical rookie drafts each year.

Observations (possible problems, I'm not sure if they are an effect of my changing of the historical DB file) that I have noticed.

Contracts - I don't like the fact that you can only offer extensions to players that have been drafted.
- Also, Computer AI teams only offer 1year contracts during Free Agency. (would like to know if I can make adjustments in DB file to fix)

Both of the mentioned contract issues really make it unfair for all league teams to follow the League Expansion Timeline. Teams have only their drafted players under contract and have to leave at least 1 of them unprotected. The Expansion team/s rack up while other teams are punished by not having more guys under contract.

Draft Classes - I know that someone volunteered their time to put these together and I am very appreciative. I also know that the community can create. My observation is that the classes from the past don't seem to have had much editing other than real player bio info and newer classes seem to be very generous with ratings. This large gap in ratings between older classes and newer classes creates a great discrepency in favor of the newer rookies.

I have exported the game DB and made some changes to try to help some of the old timers while trying to take away from some newer guys.

I, like some others have mentioned, also see the random computer generated rookie that shoots almost 100% across the board. That's a fairly easy fix within the DB if I catch it in time.

I think a "Milestones" section in the almanac would be a great addition. I also like shorlist option. (Stealing from OOTP)

Under the "Info" section where I can view Team Awards it does not show the names of the players that have won the awards or been named to All NBA/Rookie/Defensive teams only trophies. Is it supposed to show their names? If not, that would be a nice touch.

Same section, Retired Jerseys. Is there an algoritm for deciding this? (same as league HOF) or will it give me the option of retiring jerseys? I like the idea of being able to choose whose jerseys are getting retired. Example - Sam Cassell or Kenny Smith from Houston. Thunder Dan from Phoenix. Guys that in no way are HOFer's but were a big enough part of their teams that they may be added to the ring of honor and have their jersey retired.

I know that seems like a lot, but I am really enjoying the game. Simply, selfishly looking for ways to make it better for me.

Thanks for the forumn to post and express things we see that may make a great game even better. If I have stated an observation that is not of the norm, please let me know.
Ezstepper

Re: Observations

Postby rawr123456787654 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm

You can manually input HOF and Retired Jerseys. Just fill in all of the data in the "career" file for the corresponding save.
rawr123456787654

Postby Ezstepper » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 pm

rawr123456787654 wrote:You can manually input HOF and Retired Jerseys. Just fill in all of the data in the "career" file for the corresponding save.

Thanks. I knew I could edit it through the export DB. I was just curious if there was an option from within the game.

Thanks again
Ezstepper

Postby Tazilon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 am

Maybe because I play fictional, but AI teams have no hesitation offering 4-5 year contracts to FAs in my leagues.
Tazilon

Postby Ezstepper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am

Tazilon wrote:Maybe because I play fictional, but AI teams have no hesitation offering 4-5 year contracts to FAs in my leagues.

Thanks. Honestly that's what I figured. I'm thinking it has something to do with almost everyone in mine being 1 star. The AI can't distinguish between an MVP, All NBA performer and an end of the bench scrub. It just sees them both as 1 star rated players not worth investing muti-year contracts on.
Ezstepper

Postby Tim Moungey » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Ezstepper wrote:
Tazilon wrote:Maybe because I play fictional, but AI teams have no hesitation offering 4-5 year contracts to FAs in my leagues.

Thanks. Honestly that's what I figured. I'm thinking it has something to do with almost everyone in mine being 1 star. The AI can't distinguish between an MVP, All NBA performer and an end of the bench scrub. It just sees them both as 1 star rated players not worth investing muti-year contracts on.

The bolded is exactly why. 1* players are end of bench scrubs who will at absolute most get a two year min sal, and usually a one year deal.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion