Motivation and and Work Ethic

Motivation and and Work Ethic

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm not sure what the function of MOTIVATION is for the game. WORK ETHIC is the ability for a player to reach his potential more quickly. However, I have seen players gain an extra half-star to even a whole star in potential at times, and NOT have particularly high WORK ETHIC ratings. These players have had high MOTIVATION ratings. So does MOTIVATION only effect potential, or does it have an impact on game performance? I have yet to see any real evidence that MOTIVATION impacts in-game performance, so I'm looking for answers here.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Re: Motivation and and Work Ethic

Postby Andyc94 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:14 am

That would certainly be a reasonable conclusion, like you I’ve heard that work ethic is the main deciding factor in how well they achieve their potential through hard work, and motivation could certainly be an Isaiah Thomas situation with the chip on his shoulder and being the last pick in the draft. Looked like that motivation allowed him to show that motivation. Good take
Andyc94

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Work Ethic is important for reaching potential

Motivation has more of an impact on daily results. If a player is not motivated (maybe he is unhappy with the team or just got a fat new contract) his performance could suffer but if he's playing for a new contract or maybe to get traded or is just really happy with his situation he could perform better than expected.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Thanks!
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion