Question About Expansion

Question About Expansion

Postby thakfu » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 am

So I was playing around with the demo and I noticed on the commissioner screen a note that says "only 22-30 team leagues can expand". Is this accurate? My hope was to be able to start with a 12 team league and build it up. If I start with 12 teams is there any sort of way to increase the number of teams over time? If not is this an option that will be implemented in a future version? Thanks!
thakfu

Re: Question About Expansion

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Expanding with 12 teams would create a player shortage in the league. Remember, IRL the NBA had much longer drafts, so you could get more players, even if they weren't any good. Twelve teams would have 180 players on there roster, many of whom would not have contracts when the expansion draft occured. Back then, (that is, 12 team league days) there were no FAs so everyone was on a roster at all times. Expansion teams would be picking multi-year contract guys who would likely be much, much better than actual expansion players were.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Re: Question About Expansion

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:49 pm

The expansion is only meant to model that of the NBA from the post-merger era at this point allowing for one final fictional expansion from modern day to 2 more teams
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion