FG Percentage

FG Percentage

Postby thirdsaint » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Is there a way to bring the overall field goal percentage of my league down? Or rather, how is this determined in the game? Gradually, season after season, the average team FG percentages have been rising (seem to be around 52% a game now) which has made the rebounds dramatically drop. Is this solely determined by the players 'Scoring' rating or something? I'd love to be able to tweak something back to more realistic rates in line with real life.

Note: I have a fictional league with completely fictional players. 2 seasons ago I had five players at least average 10 rebounds per game, last season it went down to 2, now this season the leading rebounder had 10.4 RPG and everyone else was under 10. 14 of my 22 teams are shooting above 50% with the lowest at 47% as opposed to real life where the Warriors are the lone 50%+ shooting team.
thirdsaint

Re: FG Percentage

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:52 am

Well this would depend more on the FG ratings, not the scoring rating. I'm curious though to see if this is a temporary cycle in the league where it just happened that some good shooting players were generated or a long term thing or something that would span across a new league even
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby thirdsaint » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 am

Hmm, so I wonder if those numbers got out of whack. What should be my high end on those FG ratings for, say, superstars and where should they be for a solid average player? Mine are probably skewed high then and I'll have to do some work in the database potentially to get them all down.
thirdsaint

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:28 am

Well I would say grab the roster mod with the ratings from the mod section and you can kind of see where those players are compared to what is going on ratings wise in your league.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby thirdsaint » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Alright, will do, thanks Gary. This is one of those times I wish there were sliders or something to adjust FG%, etc. like the football game, haha.
thirdsaint

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion