Quick Tune Up: Two-Way Contracts/DLeague Assignments?

Quick Tune Up: Two-Way Contracts/DLeague Assignments?

Postby iPrestige » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Here are some problem I've been having when I try to utilize the development league and roster flex spots:

1) I, the user, cannot seem to send developmental league-designated players, who've received their designation during the "development league assignment" portion of the season (which takes place right before the. developmental league), down for assignment after their first official call up when I have 2 Two-Contract players on my roster. From a few trial and error runs, I've come to the conclusion that the Two-Way contracts signed are taking over the "saved spots" made available for eligible prospects during the "developmental league assignment" period (if I were to sign 1 Two-Way contract instead of the 2, I'd only be able to send 1 prospect down to the developmental league instead of the correct amount of 2 max); hence the reasoning for my previous assumption of two-way contract players taking the "saved spots" of the players who are eligible to be sent down from the main roster. Yet, for some odd reason, the CPU-controlled teams can assign and recall the max amount of 2 prospects while they have players on Two-Way contracts on their roster.

Bug or did something go over my head rule-wise when it comes to two-way contracts and developmental league assignments?

2) When a two-way contract is finished, I am pretty sure that player has his bird rights (2) and becomes a Restricted FA who's also eligible for a qualifying offer. Yet, when a two-way player's contract expires, he just retains his bird rights but is an Unrestricted FA. See link for more info:

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2017/5/3 ... -contracts

3) I can't call up two-way contract players who have 2-3 yrs of NBA service time under their belt, only two-way prospects with 0-1 yrs; this shouldn't happen, and it further emphasizes my theory that the game is treating two-way contract players as if they are players who are on the main roster that are eligible for assignment and recall which shouldn't be the case.

4) I should be able to sign players with up to 4 yrs of NBA experience to two-way contracts, but the game only let's me since players with up to 3 yrs of NBA experience

Proof for point 4) should be in the link below:

http://gleague.nba.com/twowayplayers/

I'm hoping these fixes aren't to complicated and can be implemented in the next update asap so I can utilize the function like I am supposed too.

P.S. Hope I get a reply from you Gary !
iPrestige

Re: Quick Tune Up: Two-Way Contracts/DLeague Assignments?

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Yes, I'm experiencing a similar issue with 2-way contracts on a team I took over after three seasons of play. I inherited two players with this contract and cannot send them down.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:03 am

I will take a look at these issues - do you happen to have a save game file that you could send to support (instructions are under the help menu in the game) so that I can just open it and recreate the steps you are taking quickly?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:08 am

BTW on 2) that is just how the game handles it for ease of use. In fact the entire 2-way setup is sort of "gamed" to be able to add it to the game and make it useful but yet it doesn't exactly mirror how it works in real life because as with some other things there are just too many complexities to make it fun/manageable to deal with either for the player or for coding such as why it gives them bird rights but does not make them RFAs
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 pm

thanks for V1.10. That fixed the issue for me.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion