New Player with a few questions

New Player with a few questions

Postby Nawlins34 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 am

Hello all!

Just downloaded the latest demo version of this game and I have a few questions

1.) "Name GM as Head Coach" - I just started the first season and I tried to fire the current head coach and decided not to fill the position assuming I, (as GM) would take head coach duties. But I noticed that the game will not allow you to continue without an actual head coach filling that position (it will crash). How or when do I get the option to name the GM as head coach? (Currently grayed out). I understand that I can exert control with a hired head coach, but I'd like to accumulate wins/losses as a head coach under my own name. :)
2.) This may be a bug, let me know if it is my own doing. If I go to the Home Screen - League Media - Season Preview and click on the team I am currently running, it will crash the game.
This occurs regardless of what projected ranking your team is in (5th, 8th, doesn't matter) it will crash my game. It isn't based on position, because I can click every other team with no issue including the other conference same position.
3.) If I go with limited financial model and lower the salary cap, will teams actively try to get under the cap over time? Will players adjust their ask in contract negotiations to fit under the cap as well?

Thanks in advance and I love your products! Looking forward to being a long-time customer!
Nawlins34

Re: New Player with a few questions

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:29 am

1. This is only possible while playing in "local mode"
2. My guess is this is related to having fired the head coach with no replacement
3. Limited financial is a hard cap mode so teams have to get under the cap.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Nawlins34 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am

Gary, I just replied to the Tech Support email, thank you for helping!
Nawlins34

Postby Maciauskas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi everyone! I'm also a new player with few questions :) .

1. In "GLOBAL CONTROL" mode we are only GM. Head coach is responsible for the tactical issues. Even during the match (includes game plan - offense, misc options and defense). Does it matter how we allocated points in offensive sets?

2. When auto sub is disable during the game are any depth and rotation settings not important?
Maciauskas

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:59 pm

First, welcome to the game! Glad to have you here

1. In GLOBAL CONTROL mode you are only the GM but you have power over everything. On the strategies screen there is a box that says "use coach strategies" - if you check that box then the team will run according to his tactics and preferences but if you uncheck that box then it will run to your desires.

2. If auto sub is disabled during the game then if you are controlling the team you will be responsible for making subs (ie nobody will get subbed out until you do it) so yes those items are ignored unless auto sub is turned on
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Maciauskas » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Thx Gary :) .

I bought this game yesterday. Time to start my dynasty :D .

PS. Probably I will have more questions :p
Maciauskas

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion