Suggestions for Next Year [Others - contribute!]

Re: Suggestions for Next Year [Others - contribute!]

Postby pdandy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Would also like to see the Perks/special traits system that we see in almost all modern sports games.
This is flesh out the players more.
pdandy

Postby Hedrigall » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:51 am

HI, I guess I'm late already, but anyway.

Excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker. Also, I dont know if this suggestion its been already proposed/adressed.

I love to coach every game. I mean, not simming and worrying about rotations predeterminated. Play every game as a coach.

Thing is, 82 games per season (plus playoffs) its too much for me. I tried to force myself to coach 41 games and sim 41 games, but the control of the team it's not the same, at least for me. So I wish that there was an option to be able to play with the 30 NBA teams with a schedule, lets say of 40 games, 50 tops.

I also own a copy of DDS College 2018, which I enjoy as well, and every season is about 40 games or so, which is great. Again, in my opinion.

I know the schedule can be modded somehow with an Access-type program. The thing here is that I don't know how to do this.

Anyway, that's my suggestion. I think my experience of the game would be increased, I dont know if any more fan/customer feels the same.

Both games (Pro and College) are great. Really great. I tend more to the College because of what I already explained, but I do enjoy both of them.

That's it. Keep up the good work!
Hedrigall

Postby rawr123456787654 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Another small suggestion, but one that would rock: can we control the size of the lists in the almanac? 30 is useful early on, but by later in the game it'd be cool to see top 50s or top 100s. Also, I know this one is a lot more harder/more niche but it would be cool to have a tiny little "Top 50 Players" in 1996 (or I guess maybe triggerable whenever) just to see how leagues play out versus history.
rawr123456787654

Postby genie2369 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Gary,

We have talked about this through PM, but just wanted to put it here with all the other suggestions.

Multiplayer mode:

Be able to have the ability to watch games that was sim by the Commish. In DDSPB2 this option was available there were games log files produced by the the program that enabled a multiplayer GM to rewatch his games. That part of the game was really big in my old league.
genie2369

Postby rawr123456787654 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:36 pm

There's a ton of great suggestions through out here - probably way more than could ever feasibly fit into 2019, but still hoping to see a few of these guys make it in! Nice work everyone, thanks again for contributing.
rawr123456787654

Postby EMan77 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Maybe some sort of FaceGen system for player pictures? Seeing the same dozen similar looking faces over and over gets a little old.

Doesn't the Football Pro game have a file with the possible first and last names that can be edited? I've seen a few players in this game who should have apostrophes in their names when they don't (i.e. Obannon when it should probably be O'Bannon) and some other minor typos.

One more suggestion, when we start a new league, it'd be nice if the team names and logos loaded were the same ones from our previous save, so we don't have to edit them every time we start a game.
EMan77

Postby rawr123456787654 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Could we get a bubble that appears over stat categories (when looking at basic, shooting, advanced, and misc stats) saying their full name and maybe a page in the manual describing each one? Also, looking at charges and technicals - they're barely used! Would be cool to see the personality trait impacting technicals, especially when getting blown out or in tight knit close games.
rawr123456787654

Postby BrettC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:21 pm

I didn't read through the whole thread but I'd love to see a specific "3Point Shooting" attribute as well as tendency instead of the rather vague "jump shooting". With the rise of the 3 Point shot in the NBA it would be great to be able to see how the player does and how often the player does it, it would make it easier to try and build a better 3 point shooting team. Maybe change the jump shooting rating to mid range or something to be even more specific.
BrettC

Postby The Purple Emperor » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:11 pm

BrettC wrote:I didn't read through the whole thread but I'd love to see a specific "3Point Shooting" attribute as well as tendency instead of the rather vague "jump shooting". With the rise of the 3 Point shot in the NBA it would be great to be able to see how the player does and how often the player does it, it would make it easier to try and build a better 3 point shooting team. Maybe change the jump shooting rating to mid range or something to be even more specific.

If you export the database and open it, you will see FG3 listed for players. That's their 3 point shooting rating, along with FGD (dunking), FGI (inside), and FGJ (Jumper). I am not sure why it is not represented in the game, but the database does track it.
The Purple Emperor

Postby JDB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:41 pm

DDPFS gives us a number of custom league formats that we can use besides just the 32 team NFL. Could we have some of the same league formats available for basketball as well? Especially some of the larger leagues. I think the largest they have is 72 teams. I'd like to see more DDCB players have a chance to go pro.
JDB

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion