Suggestions for Next Year [Others - contribute!]

Re: Suggestions for Next Year [Others - contribute!]

Postby beauforsure » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 pm

been playing a lot of DDS 17 so I haven't been lurking these forums much , but I just got 18 to play since it was on sale, thanks gary. but I would like to see,
as mentioned, 3 way trading system. and not sure if its been mentioned, but protected draft picks. these 2 things are a GMs must have for me. and a all star rundown, doesn't have to be manual voting , but at least a simulated vote.. but we can see the votes tally each week or month.. Also gary can you please change that darn championship trophy picture...lol..give us a decent gold one to replicate the real trophy. =} (or make those resource files mod-able)
Last edited by beauforsure on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beauforsure

Postby Cleasby » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:00 am

Also to add with trading the option to had unlimited players/picks I think there is a limit in 18 of 5 items per trade. Which makes it impossible to put together a big enough package for a star.
Cleasby

Postby Mgomrjsuf » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 am

To make me want to buy this year's version Is the Offseason like in real life because it doesn't skip any days and OTTP.Franchise Hockey Manager/Eastside Hockey Manager you get to sim 362 days a year so like when Summer League is going on Teams can still hire Staff if they still have
openings,sign Free-Agents,make Trades and so on because it happens in real life. Also in real life like this year most Teams have filled their Staff openings before the NBA Finals were over can that happen in this Game same with July 1st can start talking to guys who have just became a Free-Agent but deals aren't Offical intill July 10 and got rid of 30 day period?

Also in Historical Leagues can we have Historical Transactions and so on turn on? In Players History does it show who they were Drafted by because would do then a Drafted by Teams League? Edit League Structure? World Templates so Trades with other Leagues can happen so like let's say 90 Chicago Bulls Trade Pippen to the Lakers for Ingram,Ball and so on? League Evoultion so the Computer can Expand when it wants to,change League Rules and so on? Lots of Trades at Draft including in second round,Adam Silver announcing Trades/Picks in first round? Have a contract with ESPN/NBATV/TNT to use their people in Game so for examples Mark Jackson besides been a NBA Play by Play Commentator for ESPN/ABC would still be on Coaching Staff Free-Agent Market and when somebody retires like let's say Lebron James could say ESPN has hired him for NBA Jump. Also in Game it could say David Aldridge is reporting on Leonard to 76ers or American Basketball Assoication has signed a deal with NBA so Teams have another League other then GL to send players to?
Mgomrjsuf

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Mgomrjsuf wrote:To make me want to buy this year's version Is the Offseason like in real life because it doesn't skip any days and OTTP.Franchise Hockey Manager/Eastside Hockey Manager you get to sim 362 days a year

A few people have asked for this here and there over the years but I don't understand the reasoning for it? Do people really want to click 365 times to get through a season? What difference does it make if you have 5 sessions to hire coaches instead of being able to do it for 50 days or something?

The game has so much detail as it is I don't see the benefit of clogging it up with having to go day by day especially when on the vast majority of days you won't be doing anything anyways.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Mgomrjsuf » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Yes because in real life it might take Labron James into July to make a decision and in this Game he will make his decision before July 30th and the Game doesn't have Opt out Date of June 29th. 76ers haven't hired a GM yet and it will be well into July before their hire one and that will go past 5 sessions.
So from April 11 intill like Opening Day Teams will fill Staff/Front Office Openings in Offseason
April 11
Regular Season ends

April 13
Rosters set for NBA Playoffs 2018, 3 p.m. ET

April 14
NBA Playoffs 2018 begin

April 22
NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)

April 30/May 1
Conference Semifinals begin (possible move up to April 28-29)

May 15
NBA Draft Lottery (Chicago)

May 15-16
Conference Finals begin (possible move up to May 13-14)

May 16-20
NBA Draft Combine 2018 (Chicago
May 31
NBA Finals 2018 begin

June 11
NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)

June 17
The Finals 2018 latest possible date
June 21
2018 NBA Draft

June 25
2018 NBA Awards
So from July 1st to Opening Day Offseason Trades/Free-Agent Signings happen even when these Events are happening in Offseason/Preseason
July 2-17
2018 Summer League
Utah: July 2-5
Sacramento: July 2-5
Las Vegas: July 6-17

August 4
NBA Africa Game 2018

September 7
Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2018 Enshrinement Ceremony
2017 Dates
September 22
First allowable date for players participating in preseason NBA Global Games to report to their teams (no earlier than 11 a.m. local time)

September 23
Training Camps open for all teams participating in preseason NBA Global Games

September 25
First allowable date for all other veteran players to report to their teams (no earlier than 11 a.m. local time)

September 26
Training Camps open for all other teams

September 30
NBA Preseason games begin

October 5
NBA China Games 2017 -- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Golden State Warriors (Shenzhen)

October 8
NBA China Games 2017 -- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Golden State Warriors (Shanghai)

October 13
NBA Preseason ends
Mgomrjsuf

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Mgomrjsuf wrote:Yes because in real life it might take Labron James into July to make a decision and in this Game he will make his decision before July 30th and the Game doesn't have Opt out Date of June 29th. 76ers haven't hired a GM yet and it will be well into July before their hire one and that will go past 5 sessions.
So from April 11 intill like Opening Day Teams will fill Staff/Front Office Openings in Offseason
April 11
Regular Season ends

April 13
Rosters set for NBA Playoffs 2018, 3 p.m. ET

April 14
NBA Playoffs 2018 begin

April 22
NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)

April 30/May 1
Conference Semifinals begin (possible move up to April 28-29)

May 15
NBA Draft Lottery (Chicago)

May 15-16
Conference Finals begin (possible move up to May 13-14)

May 16-20
NBA Draft Combine 2018 (Chicago
May 31
NBA Finals 2018 begin

June 11
NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)

June 17
The Finals 2018 latest possible date
June 21
2018 NBA Draft

June 25
2018 NBA Awards
So from July 1st to Opening Day Offseason Trades/Free-Agent Signings happen even when these Events are happening in Offseason/Preseason
July 2-17
2018 Summer League
Utah: July 2-5
Sacramento: July 2-5
Las Vegas: July 6-17

August 4
NBA Africa Game 2018

September 7
Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2018 Enshrinement Ceremony
2017 Dates
September 22
First allowable date for players participating in preseason NBA Global Games to report to their teams (no earlier than 11 a.m. local time)

September 23
Training Camps open for all teams participating in preseason NBA Global Games

September 25
First allowable date for all other veteran players to report to their teams (no earlier than 11 a.m. local time)

September 26
Training Camps open for all other teams

September 30
NBA Preseason games begin

October 5
NBA China Games 2017 -- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Golden State Warriors (Shenzhen)

October 8
NBA China Games 2017 -- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Golden State Warriors (Shanghai)

October 13
NBA Preseason ends

I would love a preseason with extended roster size (20) and the ability to schedule a game againt a euro team.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby rawr123456787654 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Small thing, but something that I've noticed: when it comes to Player of the Game, assists are vastly underrated. They should register at like 1.5x the value of a point at the very least, but time and time again point guards are overshadowed by guys scoring slightly more with more rebounds (Rick Mahorn got POTG with 24 points, 1 assist, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 steals on 9-13 shooting 6-10 FT, Tim Hardaway had a career high 17 assists along side 17 points and 3 steals on 5-9 shooting 5-8 FT). Super small thing, but since we're piling in suggestions here, figured it was worth mentioning!
rawr123456787654

Postby rawr123456787654 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Another small thing, but one that would be super useful in keeping some saves exciting; the ability to activate/deactivate D-League and Euroleague in-between seasons. Also, leading off that, an Olympics/World Cup style tournament every few years could be awesome as well. Finally - and I don't believe the game accounts for this right now but if it does I apologize - a "home town hero" sort of gradient, with players from a certain proximity distance to a team being more likely to sign there. I know that would be extra daunting, as you'd have to add in a whole new "hometown" variable, but as I've said before, I'd be more than happy to help out with database entry editing and the likes for the historical DB.
rawr123456787654

Postby pdandy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Would like to see free agent period expanded. It's one of the most exciting times of the year after all.

- Trade demands from star/superstar players. IRL every so often, we see top players throw their weight around when they are unhappy. Would like to simulate Paul George, Melo, Kawhi situations.
- No trade clause. Allow star players to control where they go to. Would be dependent on their "Desire for *" ratings.
- Ring chasing: Good veterans towards the 2nd half of their career who have never won a title may be more likely to accept short-term low-ish salary deals with strong contenders to get a ring. After that year, they may revert back to old desires or keep ring chasing. Would be nice to be accompanied by a news report with the player saying they want a ring before they retire. This way we don't get confused on why a solid vet is signing for lower money than expected. Ex. David West with the Spurs and GSW, Ray Allen with the Heat, Barkley and Clyde Drexler with Houston, Shaq with Boston, etc.
- A young star player should rarely sign a long term low money contract just because the money has dried up. They should understand their worth better. Perhaps sign a one year contract and try again next year. Could be tied to their "Desire for Money" rating.
- Some star players willing to sign for a little less money in order to help the team bring in more help.
pdandy

Postby BB Brand » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:39 pm

I don't know if these have been mentioned but:

1) On the "Team Roster" screen, "roster" tab, can we have the ability to choose which columns of info we want to see? For example, if I could, I would remove the "Num", "height", "weight", "exp", and "college" columns and replace them with some stuff from the "stats" tab. Since this is the most used screen (clicking the "roster" tab on the 3rd rom from the top brings you here), having to click an additional button to see the info I want has gotten annoying.

2) On the "stats" and "chemistry" screens of the "Team Roster" screen, could you add the "position" column? This column is very useful to me and not having it on a screen I use a lot (the "stats" screen) forces me to try to memorize who plays where or double click on a player's line to bring up his card; again with the additional clicks.

3) In the "news and social media" block, could you put the date of each event and the ability to look at the box score of each game talked about? As it is, after 1 or 2 days of events, the block becomes pretty useless to go through since the events become an unidentifiable jumble.
BB Brand

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion