Suggestions for Next Year [Others - contribute!]

Re: Suggestions for Next Year [Others - contribute!]

Postby Lalblc » Fri May 11, 2018 2:47 pm

It would be great if we could edit the discipline rating.
Lalblc

Postby Cleasby » Sun May 13, 2018 4:04 am

I think the next step for this game will be to take it from its current form to an ootp style game. Interns of layout and customisability.

Multiplayer perspective
Ability to export all the in-game stats. How awesome would it be to get player PER, team stats and such exportable to make great articles and media? Even power rankings!

Expansion/contraction and customisation – would be better if this was cleaner. At the moment this is too complex and breakable for multiplayer.

Free agency – the team option is abused in multiplayer as well as player options. Is there a way to get free agents to understand TO’s are not guaranteed to be weighted down less.

Draft and scouting points – for multiplayer we don’t use this at all now. So is there a way this could be more applicable for multiplayer?

In season free agents – could this be done in game with players picking like offseason to go to teams?

Hard cap – multiplayer must have.

Trades – could allow for ¾ way trades rather than 1-1 save simmer inputting. Even better if it couldbe done in game through loading files.

Coaching hire – you cannot bid on guys properly due to putting in any figure so we limit this for multiplayer. Can the coaches be intelligent and not chase the money all the time?

Hall of fame – would like but not major. Ability to pick this for multiplayer?

All star voting – could be done by GM’s in game to pick all stars again if multiplayer.

Relocations – ability to relocate franchises would be a nice feature.

Single player
The current strategies is so vague and you still feel like you have no control over your teams play style. Too often it just seems like the game has a mind of its own even if you set strategies for your team.

Shooting stats – I would really like to see the shooting ratings displayed to everyone and not just commissioners. That's a huge factor in every player.
Maybe you can set options to show / hide shooting ratings and also allow / don't allow player preference work.

About preference work, you could CAP every player's preference for something at 80 or something, because no NBA player will ever only shoot 3s or anything like that.

Defensive strategies – set who you want to guard who. Gets rid of the basic centre guard centre etc. Allows for small lineups and variations.

Also the game engine we know always has the pg bring the ball up would be awesome you could pick ball handlers as well.
Cleasby

Postby Lalblc » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Blocking and stealing tendencies would be good for players and also let us edit them.
Lalblc

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 am

Just to clear up a couple things from some of these posts...

You can edit the individual player ratings like blocking, stealing, discipline etc by going to options and logging in as the league commissioner. Then you can go to a roster, right click on a player and you see a whole bunch of things you can edit.

Also from the prior post the PG does not always bring the ball up. The game takes into account who are good ball handlers and will allow them to bring the ball up as well
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Cleasby » Fri May 18, 2018 11:19 am

Gary Gorski wrote:Just to clear up a couple things from some of these posts...

You can edit the individual player ratings like blocking, stealing, discipline etc by going to options and logging in as the league commissioner. Then you can go to a roster, right click on a player and you see a whole bunch of things you can edit.

Also from the prior post the PG does not always bring the ball up. The game takes into account who are good ball handlers and will allow them to bring the ball up as well

Thanks for letting us know Gary good to hear the game has some logic on this.

From discussing with others in the multiplayer sim leagues we would like to have more control on who brings up the ball and sets the offence. There might be reasons when you don't want a certain player to carry the ball up be it poor handles and iq or if he is matched up against a very good defender who steals the ball a lot in a high pressure set.

So if there was a way we could control this more as an end user that would be great.
Cleasby

Postby coach6 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 pm

please please GARY put the save game feature in the game because I play at work and be playing a game that I
cant finish I would love to come back to that game and finish it instead of starting over again that's it this is
a wonderfull game I'm 57 years old I wish I had these games when I was a teenager to play they take me back
to the good old days when I grew up watching sports THANK YOU
coach6

Postby Lalblc » Sat May 19, 2018 5:53 am

Let us edit all the ratings in player profile like motivation, loyalty, durability and all that stuff I remember we could do that in 16 I don't know why u took it away its a text sim it needs as much editing as possible.
Lalblc

Postby mpleague » Mon May 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Lalblc wrote:Let us edit all the ratings in player profile like motivation, loyalty, durability and all that stuff I remember we could do that in 16 I don't know why u took it away its a text sim it needs as much editing as possible.

You can edit everything by going into commissioner mode, clicking “Export Database” and then editing it using something like Microsoft Access. I use mdbplus, it’s a free database editor you can download, and you can literally edit everything from ratings to personality ratings to injuries, contract information, height, weight, college, etc.

I agree that you should be able to edit this stuff in the game, but just to be clear there currently is a method to editing everything.
mpleague

Postby Ruthian23 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:16 pm

It would be a big thing, but I'd love to see a mode in the game where you control the career of an individual player (choose your starting stats, get drafted, make free agency decisions, maybe some light in game options, etc.) It would be nice to have a different way to play the game. Might be too big of a chance for next year, but maybe something to think about down the line.
Ruthian23

Postby Tim Moungey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Ruthian23 wrote:It would be a big thing, but I'd love to see a mode in the game where you control the career of an individual player (choose your starting stats, get drafted, make free agency decisions, maybe some light in game options, etc.) It would be nice to have a different way to play the game. Might be too big of a chance for next year, but maybe something to think about down the line.

For that to be a worthwhile experience, it would likely need to be its own separate game that focuses solely on that mode. Otherwise, it'd be a watered-down experience.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion