General Manager / D-League Draft / Defensive Strategies

General Manager / D-League Draft / Defensive Strategies

Postby fondfoat » Tue May 22, 2018 7:54 am

If I deselect the "Use coach strategies", does that mean I control everything? What will the head coach offer me then? In other words, am I better off getting a cheap head coach if I am going to control everything?

Where do I set defensive strategies?

Also, for some reason, I can't select players in the D-League draft. I could in the demo, but in the full version, it is greyed out.

By the way, I see there is no manual. Where do I get the information I need besides going through the threads here and asking a thousand questions? :)

Anyone recommend a webpage for a new coach? For example, explaining spot up offence.

Thanks
fondfoat

Re: General Manager / D-League Draft / Defensive Strategies

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 am

The coaches are still responsible for helping to "rate" players and develop them so hiring poor coaches will hurt you in that regard.

The defensive strategies are built into the coach (or your philosophies found on the home screen if you turn off use coach strategies). You can select the EDIT button and change how often you would play full court defense, zone and how intense you play on defense.

You do not choose players in the d-league draft unless you either a) control that d-league team or b) have checked the option to manage your affiliate's roster

There is not a manual - we tried to do a FAQ section in the game under the help icon but will consider doing a full manual in the future. I am happy to answer any questions here though in the meantime. I will post a sticky in a minute here with offensive strategy help.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: General Manager / D-League Draft / Defensive Strategies

Postby fondfoat » Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 am

Cheers Gary
fondfoat

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion