Error when asked to select CB Save file

Error when asked to select CB Save file

Postby fondfoat » Tue May 22, 2018 8:43 am

After doing the D-League Draft I am asked to link to the CB save file. The CB game has just been set up and no games played. I do have a save file there though. The game gives me an error.

So far things aren't going too smoothly getting my first game up and running. :(

Thanks for any help.

fondfoat

Re: Error when asked to select CB Save file

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue May 22, 2018 9:21 am

The problem is that you haven't done the CB side properly. If you look under the help icon in the game in the FAQ section there are instructions for importing rookies from DDS:CB. Here's the text from that FAQ

LINKED LEAGUE
These steps must be followed precisely
1. Create your DDS: College Basketball league, advance it past the Buy Reports stage at least and save.
2. Create the DDS: Pro Basketball league and link it to your DDS: College Basketball league during league creation.
3. Play some of each league making sure to save the CB league as you go because PB will automatically pull in updates on the players based on the saved game file.
4. When the seasons are over you must go past the "End Season" stage in DDS: College Basketball BEFORE you go to the "View Awards" stage in DDS: Pro Basketball because it is at that point the final rookie class is set and brought into DDS: Pro Basketball. SAVE your college league after the "End Season" stage BEFORE you "View Awards" in your pro league. Save your pro league after the awards.
5. Run the draft and offseason items in DDS: Pro Basketball up until you get to the rookie class creation stage.
6. Make sure you have advanced and saved your league in DDS: College Basketball past the report buying stage.
7. Once you are past the "Buy Reports" stage and saved in DDS: College Basketball then you can advance your league in DDS: Pro Basketball past the rookie class stage and go back to step 3.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby fondfoat » Tue May 22, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks Gary.

I will run the college game through the buy reports and do it again.

Can the game be played on two computers? I was thinking of putting my save game folder on a USB drive and transferring the save game between two computers I use in different locations. Now I am wondering about that since the Pro version wants the save game to be in the same folder.
fondfoat

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue May 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Yes you can use it on two of your own computers - as long as everything is structured the same way with the file directories it should work just fine
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion