cuple of questions about scouting & draft

cuple of questions about scouting & draft

Postby popcorndose » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:12 am

how does the scouting system work?

can I trust the suggestions and J.P. when I draft?

what is more importing when I draft a player, the college stats, the overall star rating or the scouted ratings?

how can I create custom draft classes?

how accurate are the scouting emails?
popcorndose

Re: cuple of questions about scouting & draft

Postby Tim Moungey » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:20 pm

popcorndose wrote:how does the scouting system work?

It's based on the Offense, Defense, and Potential ratings of your coaches. Offense/Defense for current ratings, Potential for, well, potential. Younger players will have more variance in their ratings, whereas veterans in the league will be pretty much known.

can I trust the suggestions and J.P. when I draft?

I ignore the suggestions. JP and co's commentary I find more useful for getting an early read on intangibles ratings, but their reaction to picks IMO often depends on where players were slotted in the mock draft (which also isn't 100% reliable)

what is more importing when I draft a player, the college stats, the overall star rating or the scouted ratings?

It depends on how good your coaches are in the scouted areas (see question 1's answer). But in general, I go scouted ratings above everything else, overall star rating second. The only time I pay attention to college stats is when deciding who to invite. When it comes time to pick a player, I ignore college stats completely, unless I'm picking blind in the 2nd round or something.

how can I create custom draft classes?

With a database program like MS Access or MDBPlus. There's only a certain day of the year you can import the custom file, though. You'll get an email about it, prompting you to go with default game-created rookie class or import a custom file, which needs a .rkf extension.

how accurate are the scouting emails?

I haven't even looked at scouting emails, so can't offer any commentary here.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion