Player Size/ Speed Questions

Player Size/ Speed Questions

Postby kackle85 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello I am very new to the game but so far am enjoying it. Just had a quick question that relates to the height and weight of players.

First off does height and weight have anything to do with how well a player can guard other players? For instance if I have a 6'8 center who has good defensive ratings but he is guarding a 7 footer does the game model the 4 inch advantage the offensive player would have? Along the same lines if my center is outweighed by 50 pounds will that affect his ability to guard near the basket and on the flip side would my lighter center have an advantage on offense due to better mobility?

Secondly....are there any speed/athleticism ratings in the game? If not how does the game determine what players are good on the fast break? I have seen some scouting reports reference players being great athletes or being "high flyers". How does the game determine that or are those simply cosmetic to make scouting reports seem more interesting?

Thanks!
kackle85

Re: Player Size/ Speed Questions

Postby The Purple Emperor » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:32 am

Perimeter Players
The lighter the better for Drive Stop Rate (DSR)
The taller the better for Points Allowed/Shots Faced (PA/SF)
The heavier the better for posting up opponents

Post Players
The heavier the better for PA/SF
The lighter the better for DSR (which usually does not matter for big men because of low drives faced)
Height does not matter much on offense, though it does matter to some degree on defense and rebounding
Lighter players will perform better on offense, but suffer on defense

No speed/athleticism ratings are in the game.

There is much that is still unknown, so a lot of this is pooled conjecture and consensus from the shared resources and observations of multiplayer leagues whose slower pace allows for deeper diving.
The Purple Emperor

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion