Demo file problem for DDS:PB18

Demo file problem for DDS:PB18

Postby TheRealXenocide » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 am

I have tried to download the demo for DDS:PB18 multiple times today. Every time I do, just as the download ends, I get the message "The publisher of DDSPB18Install couldn't be verified". When I select "Open", I get a window with the header "Open with", followed by a list of programs to choose from, none of which make any damn sense for doing this. By the way, I've never seen this behavior on a downloaded game before. Not even DDS:PB3.

How do I play a game that won't let me install it?
TheRealXenocide

Re: Demo file problem for DDS:PB18

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:26 am

Sometimes Windows does this with our installer when you go to run it - there should be like a small link or something that gives you the option to run anyways and bypass that message
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby TheRealXenocide » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Unfortunately, there is nothing that remotely resembles what you are describing, either on the copy from this weekend, or the copy from 12:55 pm Eastern on Sept. 5, 2018.
TheRealXenocide

Postby spitfire » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:25 pm

It sounds like you might be trying to open the file directly on download instead of using "Save As". According to some Microsoft info I've just looked at, that can sometimes cause problems. Try saving the file to your harddrive and opening the saved file.
spitfire

Postby TheRealXenocide » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:46 am

Actually, I've tried it both ways, and the same thing happens in either case.

I tried to include a screenshot, but the board won't let me. But that's okay. Support asked for a screenshot in an e-mail. Since I haven't gotten a bounce message, I'm assuming it got to them. Hopefully, they can figure it out.
TheRealXenocide

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2018 General Discussion