Still no coaching changes?

Still no coaching changes?

Postby ec147c » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:30 am

Man, what a huge thing to leave out yet again guys. I mean, this was literally the biggest thing missing from the last edition. The college basketball game has it if I’m reading the descriptions correctly? Why was this not implemented? It is one of the biggest factors in all of college football? Working your way from a small school to a major blue blood. I just can imagine why you guys would release another version of this game without fixing that. Bummer
ec147c

Re: Still no coaching changes?

Postby Valdarix » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:08 am

Guess this is another year I’ll have to skip, this literally is a feature that decides if I open my wallet or not. Maybe 2019
Valdarix

Postby Bdoyle86 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:16 am

I actually like how you can hire and fire head coaches and the coaching staff. It's not your traditional role playing as the head coach instead more of as the athletic director. I think it's unique and prefer it. You can still customize the strategy recruiting and playcaling.
Bdoyle86

Postby alternativestats » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 am

This was the primary feature I was interested in before deciding to purchase or not. If I understand the comments correctly, when I choose a school I am essentially taking over as AD and can hire/fire the entire coaching staff as the seasons advance? Can I change schools as AD without starting a new career?
alternativestats

Postby AKH » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:34 am

alternativestats wrote:This was the primary feature I was interested in before deciding to purchase or not. If I understand the comments correctly, when I choose a school I am essentially taking over as AD and can hire/fire the entire coaching staff as the seasons advance? Can I change schools as AD without starting a new career?

yes
AKH

Postby starks3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:35 am

I have to agree with the first two posts. I'm dissapointed this wasn't added, I'm just not interested in an AD mode. Head coaches run the football program not Athletic Directors. Wich is why we the user should assume the role of a Head coach complete with Contracts, job offers, and even attribute progression through Achievements(think college hoops 2k8). You would still have to hire your assistants, same as you do now.
starks3

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:51 am

So if the head coach aspect isn't implemented and the new teams for the 2018 landscape isn't either.....what exactly IS different in this version than from 2017?

I haven't seen anything that actually states what has been added, or what has been expanded upon except for vague statements.
WarEagle13

Postby JDB » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:11 pm

If this is added, please add it as an option only. I actually prefer playing as it is now by hiring staff and watching my teams play during the season just as a GM or AD. But I definitely don't mind having multiple ways of playing the game.
JDB

Postby francua4 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:14 pm

WarEagle13 wrote:So if the head coach aspect isn't implemented and the new teams for the 2018 landscape isn't either.....what exactly IS different in this version than from 2017?

I haven't seen anything that actually states what has been added, or what has been expanded upon except for vague statements.

This is on the game page.

"Prepare to lead your favorite school to championship glory as you experience all of the new additions to DDS:CF. New to the game this year are coaching staffs, weather impacts, new game planning with twice as many defensive plays and play diagrams for most plays, new traits, personality and player ratings for players, expanded scouting, recruiting and training logic, more in game interactions in newspaper articles and emails, easier integration for rookies with DDS: Pro Football 2018 and so much more!"

There is plenty to like about this year's game and for what its worth I imagine that there is a plan to implement the Coaching Career Mode that everyone is clamoring for. Its only the 2nd year of the game and already they've made some pretty big strides. I'm also of the belief that its not as simple as just flipping a switch and then "coach" mode is there. I'd imagine for the mode to be implemented how people perceive it will work is going to take a lot of man hours on their end to ensure it works correctly.
francua4

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion