So.. what's changed?

So.. what's changed?

Postby Robmeister89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Whats been improved for scouting? Is it all AI/behind the scenes stuff? How does the recruiting money available effect our scouting and recruiting points? Better coaches may cost more money (taking less from recruiting) but they should be able to recruit better players, yes?

Weather effects? There's absolutely no information about the weather on the Matchup screen nor when you go to play the game. That makes no sense if we don't know what to expect in this game. If its going to rain/snow surely you want to run the ball more. If its a windy game maybe we'll stick with shorter passing routes. Without knowing the weather going into the game how do we prepare for it?

Player ratings/personalities changes? What happened here?

Also, "Add walkon" doesn't seem to work. Is there a specific time we can use that feature?
Robmeister89

Re: So.. what's changed?

Postby muns » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Robmeister89 wrote:Whats been improved for scouting? Is it all AI/behind the scenes stuff? How does the recruiting money available effect our scouting and recruiting points? Better coaches may cost more money (taking less from recruiting) but they should be able to recruit better players, yes?

Weather effects? There's absolutely no information about the weather on the Matchup screen nor when you go to play the game. That makes no sense if we don't know what to expect in this game. If its going to rain/snow surely you want to run the ball more. If its a windy game maybe we'll stick with shorter passing routes. Without knowing the weather going into the game how do we prepare for it?

Also, "Add walkon" doesn't seem to work. Is there a specific time we can use that feature?

I've only played a few seasons, but it seems you get to choose where you spend your budget which in my opinion is a giant leap forward in this version. For me, that alone makes this version worth it. You get to choose how to help a program with a strategy based off the coaching choices/budget choices you make. If what I say isn't right, someone by all means correct me.

You want to skimp on the coaching staff, you get a lot of scouting points from the budget left over.
You want to spend on coaching, you get to decide what the coaches are good at. If you spend on the guy that has the better recruiting ratings you get more recruiting points. If you spend on a guy with scouting (I think you get more their too, not 100% sure as i did that and skimped on coaching) If you spend on a guy on offense you should hopefully see some better "O". Spend it on the guy with "D" the same should occur.

How are you this frustrated and the game came out less that 24 hours ago? If you think you found a bug with the Add walkon button, then why not post something like "hey not sure if this is a bug or not, but i cant seem to figure out how to get that button to work. Anybody have a suggestion"?

Hang out play the game some, and who knows you might get the answers you are looking for on your own.
muns

Postby Robmeister89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Not sure where you got the idea I'm "frustrated". These are simply questions. And if the walk on thing is a bug, I brought it up here on this topic instead of making an entirely new post about something so minor.
Robmeister89

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Yea the Weather effects and changes to player ratings and personalities were touted "features" so you would think they would stand out rather than have to be searched for or something that's happening behind the scenes. So i'm with Rob i'd like some response from the devs on this because the questions are quite valid....
C-Bailey24

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:56 pm

Robmeister89 wrote:Whats been improved for scouting? Is it all AI/behind the scenes stuff? How does the recruiting money available effect our scouting and recruiting points? Better coaches may cost more money (taking less from recruiting) but they should be able to recruit better players, yes?

Scouting is improved because have coaches now that affect scouting, including more emails on potential recruits. The exact impact on scouting/recruiting is hard to pin down. It depends on the individual ratings of the coach you hire. In some cases hiring a good coach instead of spending money on recruiting will outweigh any reduction in recruiting dollars. In others you're better off keeping extra for recruiting. Each team will be different.

Weather effects the game... comp pct, fumbles, fatigue, etc. You can see the weather when you play out the game and on the boxscore after the game. We don't have a "forecast" in yet, but will probably add it into a future patch. Basically if you have a team in a hot climate, the games will be warmer (unless you turn on Domes) and if you have a team in a cold and rainy climate you'll see more games in the rain, or later in the year snow and ice.

Player ratings, personalities, traits, etc. were all updated to mirror what's in DDSPF.

I'll look into the add walkon.
brooks_piggott

Postby Robmeister89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Cool, thanks for the answers. Would be great to get a forecast, though. Especially if games aren't being played and just simulated.
Robmeister89

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion