Season simulation tips

Season simulation tips

Postby hoop121 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:35 pm

I prefer to simulate all games and just focus on the recruiting. My recruiting classes are regularly Top 10 and my roster typically has about 15-20 5 stars on it. However, I very rarely make the playoffs. Can anyone provide me some tips on something I might be missing? I do not change the offensive style each week in this version like I did in the 2017 one where you could choose for the computer to optimize the settings based on the opponent. Is that feature on this game and I'm just not seeing it?
hoop121

Re: Season simulation tips

Postby AKH » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:26 am

If you are not doing strategy yourself, but focusing on recruiting, you will have most success trying to get recruits that fit your coaches preferences (you head coach runs strategy unless youve changed it). Alterntively you can experiment with different coaches until you find someone who wins for you.

Remember coaches playbooks and the plays in them will reflect their preferences, so its no use having 8 awesome receivers if your coach is doing a power running scheme.
AKH

Postby hoop121 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks AKH,

Another question, my starting RB always leads the league in rush attempts, and by a LOT. Is this because of the coaches scheme? It happens with all different coaches. For instance, in the almanac, my running backs are always 1-5 in the Career rush attempts
hoop121

Postby AKH » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:05 pm

yes that will be from the coach. Likely a combination of run-first offense, with a bell cow RB.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion