questions and comments

questions and comments

Postby mh2365 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:49 pm

First off I am enjoying the game .... I think the in game logic is much improved over last season .... on that note

just played a game in 20 degree weather with 40 MPH winds and snow ... the two QB's combined to throw the ball 74 times and completed 63% of their passes ... opposing team threw the ball 10 times in the first 12 plays completing 9 ... so how exactly is the weather effecting the game

still highly disappointed in recruiting .... still seems like you have little or no effect over it ... it's just assigning points .... no interview dialog ... no pitches .... no promises ... just assign points and move on .... recruiting should be a main focus of the game and while the engine might be solid it is extremely boring .... so second version of the game and recruiting still on auto ...

chose to kick off one game and kicked off in both halves ....

ranking logic way off ... middle to late in the season ranked 20th (6-1 Notre Dame) go on the road and beat the #3 team who was (9-1 Michigan) and they dropped to 6th and I only moved up to 15th ... Ball State and Boise State ranked ahead of me both with loses
mh2365

Re: questions and comments

Postby francua4 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:53 pm

mh2365 wrote:
ranking logic way off ... middle to late in the season ranked 20th (6-1 Notre Dame) go on the road and beat the #3 team who was (9-1 Michigan) and they dropped to 6th and I only moved up to 15th ... Ball State and Boise State ranked ahead of me both with loses

I can't really speak to the other stuff, but I'm guessing the reason why Notre Dame is still behind a few of the teams you listed is because they haven't played as many games as the others. Typically by the end of the season the rankings logic gets balanced out in a way that makes sense. Example: If Boise is 9-1 with a rating of 230 and Notre Dame is 6-1 with a rating of 220, Notre Dame would be guaranteed to jump them by the end of the year once they finally get caught up in games played (assuming Notre Dame wins out). On the Media Page you can see what each team in the top 25 rating's are. If you haven't already looked there I'd say give it a look and see how many points Notre Dame is away from Ball State and Boise points wise and that should give you an idea on just how close you are to jumping them in the rankings.
francua4

Postby mh2365 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:43 am

francua4 wrote:
mh2365 wrote:

I can't really speak to the other stuff, but I'm guessing the reason why Notre Dame is still behind a few of the teams you listed is because they haven't played as many games as the others. Typically by the end of the season the rankings logic gets balanced out in a way that makes sense. Example: If Boise is 9-1 with a rating of 230 and Notre Dame is 6-1 with a rating of 220, Notre Dame would be guaranteed to jump them by the end of the year once they finally get caught up in games played (assuming Notre Dame wins out). On the Media Page you can see what each team in the top 25 rating's are. If you haven't already looked there I'd say give it a look and see how many points Notre Dame is away from Ball State and Boise points wise and that should give you an idea on just how close you are to jumping them in the rankings.

thanks but definitely shouldn't be behind the team I just beat which also brings me to another point ... 3 bye weeks? is that for scheduling logic?
mh2365

Postby francua4 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 am

Yea again I would point to Michigan having played more games then Notre Dame at that point in the season which is why the drop for them wasn't as significant as you would think. Basically Michigan has converted more opportunites at generating a higher rating than Notre Dame and probably a few others, once Notre Dame gets caught up game wise (assuming they win out) it wouldn't surprise me to see them among others jump Michigan. In a nut shell even though you can't see it at the moment, that late season loss is probably really going to hurt Michigan as other teams start to catch up.

Keep me posted on where both Notre Dame and Michigan finish. Always interested to see how this system plays out. :)
francua4

Postby AKH » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:33 am

Suppose Ohio State drops an unexpected game to Ohio Bobcats, you would not want Ohio State to be ranked below Ohio Bobcats because of that, kicking them down in the 80s for one lost game. Similarly, you would not want to move the Bobcats up into top25 from a sub80 ranking for one lucky game. The rule, x beat y, therefore x shuld be ranked higher than y, does not yield good results in many scenarios.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion