Players regressing

Re: Players regressing

Postby marmel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Im now reloading from right before training camp and making drastic changes in every direction for the 4 training categories and the results are all pretty much the same. There is no way to develope a team with this going on.
marmel

Postby francua4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Rule of thumb is to habg around 22 points and don’t spend less than 4 in any group.
francua4

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Your total training points can't equal over 23 i think it is. So your schedule of 6/7/7/5 =25. That's too much. I've been doing 6/5/5/5 since CF17 and rarely ever see those kinds of drops. Trim the training schedule.
C-Bailey24

Postby marmel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:37 pm

That might be the rule of thumb, and I've tried that and everything from all 25 points to just 4 points and I am getting the same results. I tried testing with Alabama and the first year worked good, but the training camp after the 2nd season saw all these massive losses as well.

I really can't play a real career without some kind of explanation of what am I doing wrong, or a fix if this is actually a bug.
marmel

Postby ec147c » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Honestly, players should never regress in college.
ec147c

Postby marmel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Agreed, and not like I am seeing. However, taking the advise of going 6, 5, 5, 5 and just leaving it there forever (I had been lowering it during the season and using all 25 during camp mostly) has solved my problem through 2 quick test seasons with Syracuse again.

Thanks for the help, but it makes me wonder why have training settings in the first place if you cant use all 25 points. If it is a set it and forget it thing, then why have it?
marmel

Postby francua4 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:13 am

marmel wrote:That might be the rule of thumb, and I've tried that and everything from all 25 points to just 4 points and I am getting the same results. I tried testing with Alabama and the first year worked good, but the training camp after the 2nd season saw all these massive losses as well.

I really can't play a real career without some kind of explanation of what am I doing wrong, or a fix if this is actually a bug.

The TC numbers are an accumulation of whats gone on the year before plus the actual TC sim. So if you had those training numbers maxed to 25 throughout the year prior to TC then thats probably why you saw negative effects in year 2. Overall theres plenty of ways to handle TC the easiest and "rule of thumb" is using the 22 points. However, I've played with it at times where I'll stack the points to 25 during TC and then drop it down during the regular season. Its been my experience that some players will react differently then others but ultimately you can't over train them every week of the season.

Lastly, players regress in college all the time. Not every highly touted kid who comes out of high school becomes a college football star. Some of them actually flame out all together before really seeing consistent playing time.
francua4

Postby vgorilla80 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:17 am

francua4 wrote:Lastly, players regress in college all the time. Not every highly touted kid who comes out of high school becomes a college football star. Some of them actually flame out all together before really seeing consistent playing time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Mustain
vgorilla80

Postby millerjg01 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm

ec147c wrote:Honestly, players should never regress in college.

eh I dont know. Im a University of Cincinnati Bearcat fan and pretty much our entire team regressed under Tommy Tuberville.....what a clown.
millerjg01

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion