Generic or Custom Playbook

Generic or Custom Playbook

Postby Brode » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:59 pm

In the 2017 version I believe I could easily set my teams playbook, or at least style. There were generic ones like power run, west coast, option run, pro style, spread. Now it seems those are gone and I'm given the choice of a random coach or default. It doesn't say what default is and there is no way to look at it. I tried creating a custom playbook but it doesn't work.
Brode

Re: Generic or Custom Playbook

Postby TheRivals40 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Brode wrote:In the 2017 version I believe I could easily set my teams playbook, or at least style. There were generic ones like power run, west coast, option run, pro style, spread. Now it seems those are gone and I'm given the choice of a random coach or default. It doesn't say what default is and there is no way to look at it. I tried creating a custom playbook but it doesn't work.

The way to control what type of offense you run if you aren't using custom playbooks is by hiring coaches who fit the style you want.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby Brode » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:52 pm

Do custom playbook's work? I can't get it to work for me.
Brode

Postby francua4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 am

Yes custom playbooks work, after you create one you need to switch the "Offensive Play Caller" or "Defensive Play Caller" drop down to "Custom" and then select your playbook under each down and distance. Make sure you click "Save All Changes" when you're finished.
francua4

Postby millerjg01 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 pm

So I don't see Play Action Pass as an option anywhere. I thought it was because my coach didn't have it in his playbook so I tried to create my own playbook but even in that, I don't see Play Action Pass as an option in any formation. Am I missing it? Is it called something else? Anyone?
millerjg01

Postby francua4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 pm

There are not any plays labeled as play action pass at the moment. I have a play mod out there that adds new plays to the file, but none of them are labeled as playaction... I could or someone could always create additional plays that would simulate what playaction might be.
Last edited by francua4 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
francua4

Postby millerjg01 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:25 pm

francua4 wrote:There are not any plays labeled as play action pass at the moment.

Will Play Action Passing plays be available in the future?
millerjg01

Postby AKH » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:01 am

millerjg01 wrote:
francua4 wrote:There are not any plays labeled as play action pass at the moment.

Will Play Action Passing plays be available in the future?

this is something we are looking at, we want to get the logic right in terms of player behavior. I cannot give any timeframe on this.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion