Career Mode

Career Mode

Postby Brode » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Why is this called career mode? Are we assuming the role of an athletic director? I play a lot of text based sports sims like football manager, ootp, and this is the only game where you are not the head coach. In my opinion this takes a lot away from what this game is and could be. There should be contracts, job offers, assistants.
Brode

Re: Career Mode

Postby vols410 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:51 am

Totally agree. Really missing out here.

Honestly, the way it was done in the college basketball games is perfect.

Let us be the head coach with a contract, with opportunity to accept other offers in the offseason, and throw in an OC/DC. If we could somehow throw in positional assistants with positional attributes for development/recruiting that would be fantastic as well.

Haven't bought this game for this reason. I'll stick with Bowl Bound.
vols410

Postby FootballAddict » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 am

Haven't tried the game myself, but I know for sure, you can hire/fire Head Coaches and Coordinators. I think 3 coaches in total it was.

Personally, I'd like to be the HC and work my way up. But maybe next year. It's just good to see that the game improves and adds new stuff with every release.

I have a question though: Can a 2 Star coordinator become a 4-5 Star coach and can bigger schools make job offers to these coaches?
FootballAddict

Postby AKH » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:03 am

coaches improve over time.

You can hire coordinators from other teams but only for your head coach position.
AKH

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:02 pm

Brode wrote:Why is this called career mode? Are we assuming the role of an athletic director? I play a lot of text based sports sims like football manager, ootp, and this is the only game where you are not the head coach. In my opinion this takes a lot away from what this game is and could be. There should be contracts, job offers, assistants.

It's basically career mode to match between DDSCF and DDSPF where you take control of one single team. (Versus sandbox or online where multiple teams can be owned)

People wanted a mode where things were locked down so it forced them to "play" the game without modifying things or cheating.

In the future we will look at adding more features and making it similar to the DDS basketball games.
brooks_piggott

Postby Brode » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:09 am

I am enjoying the game again, I just decided to use custom playbook and gameplan. I'm using the default playbook. I lowered the Intelligence of all QB's by 10, raised it on all DT's by 10, LB's by 4. Also lowered the Strength of fullbacks by 10. ( i hated seeing a 5-10 198 pound fullback with 93 Strength next to a 6-4 300 pound DT with 68 or something) I'm playing with the playcalling settings 7/53. The stats seem a little more realistic. I wish teams like academies and georgia tech or any other almost exclusive running team would lead the nation in rushing. I didn't touch the passing or rushing effectiveness sliders at all. Teams seem to run more, which slightly reduced the scoring a little bit. I noticed something the developer may have overlooked or it's a bug. #21 Wisconsin was playing undefeated #1 Michigan state in the Big ten championship game, Wisconsin won and knocked MSU out of the playoffs, but MSU still went to a Major Bowl while Wisconsin went to a small one. The winner of the big ten championship game is guaranteed the rose bowl or a different major bowl if the rose is part of the playoff. It's the same with the other Major Conferences. About recruiting, all of the recruits in the game should be worse. They are all too good. The variety of body types should also be increased, and their size should effect their ratings (a 6-5 reciever should not be as quick as a 5-9 WR) That doesn't exist. Top speed maybe, but not acceleration or agility. Even a 240 pound RB should be much stronger than a 200 pound RB. Also, the players should improve much more. It's ridiculous that a freshman comes in rated 77 and graduates at a 78. Laughable. There should be a big jump between the freshman-sophmore year and the junior-senior year. And get rid of overall ratings. It would be more fun to have to look at the player and play who you think is best for your team. Can we get play diagrams please when calling plays? I still don't know how to call a blitz on defense. That's all for now. Thank you devs, I'll continue to support this company as long as you keep making college sports games.
Brode

Postby millerjg01 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Please please please create a "Coaching Carousel" and make it so WE are the head coaches, not the AD. This isn't pro sports.

I want a coaching carousel so I can take over a low major program and earn my way up the ranks. PLEASE.

This is the one feature the BBCF has that makes it better. Otherwise love this game.
millerjg01

Postby Valdarix » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:36 pm

The coaching carousel is literally the only thing holding me back from a purchase here. I still play an old buggy Bowl Bound for only this reason. I love the DDSCBB games, spent many years as a part of the community here on that game and really want to pick this one up but I can't drop money on a game like this that is missing one of the key features to a sports sim in my opinion.
Valdarix

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion