College Football 2019 Wishlist

Re: College Football 2019 Wishlist

Postby ec147c » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Yeah, in all honesty, I would prefer to see them wait a year, get the necessary changes in (Coaching carousel) and come back for the beginning of next college football season. Kind of a bummer getting a college football game in December anyway. I am very seasonal with even my sports video games
ec147c

Postby zowee77 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:08 am

ec147c wrote:Yeah, in all honesty, I would prefer to see them wait a year, get the necessary changes in (Coaching carousel) and come back for the beginning of next college football season. Kind of a bummer getting a college football game in December anyway. I am very seasonal with even my sports video games

I completely disagree. I don't think skipping a year is good for promoting the game. Also I disagree with those who say this is a first pass for the College Football game. 2018 is actually the second version of the game. I think that comment is beginning to run its course. Brooks has actually been designing football games for some time so even though the engine maybe somewhat different I am sure a large part of the code is similar to his previous title which by the way was a really good game. I am in no way knocking the game since I purchased 2017 and l plan on purchasing 2018 but I wanted to mention this that way those who may be new to the Game is not mislead.
zowee77

Postby fredreed » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:50 am

You can already move teams from conference to conference you just have to edit the file doing It the advance way. You do It for creating teams as well. You need to do It with an editor because the file is in XML format. At least I think you can.
fredreed

Postby UAB Blazer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:24 am

1- On the fly substitutions during football game. For example, I would like to be able to change quarterback during game.
2- A "Clock Management" formation in playcalling that contains "Spike Ball" and "QB Kneel" options.
3- A "no-huddle offense" check-box during play-calling. This should come with penalties and bonuses, or maybe even a way that you have to train hurry-up offense to be good at it.
4- "Coach Call Play" button. I know the game automatically picks a play, but this feature is buggy and often I have to watch a replay of the previous play to get this to trigger. A button would make this easier.
UAB Blazer

Postby MattP598 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:18 am

UAB Blazer wrote:1- On the fly substitutions during football game. For example, I would like to be able to change quarterback during game.
2- A "Clock Management" formation in playcalling that contains "Spike Ball" and "QB Kneel" options.
3- A "no-huddle offense" check-box during play-calling. This should come with penalties and bonuses, or maybe even a way that you have to train hurry-up offense to be good at it.
4- "Coach Call Play" button. I know the game automatically picks a play, but this feature is buggy and often I have to watch a replay of the previous play to get this to trigger. A button would make this easier.

Definitely all of this.....

I would love to see more formations too. Currently there is no goaline, or 5 man front options that I can tell. I don't see very many blitzing plays either.
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Postby reme » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:09 pm

During the training camp period, the ability to play a spring scrimmage game in the 2d format, involving your own teams offense versus defense, like teams actually do (Ex: Penn State blue-white game, Alabama red-white game, etc) to be able to see your new recruits and returning players in game action. This would be would be helpful in deciding your depth chart and red shirt selections instead of only just using the player ratings.

Also, special teams info as to tackles. the only special teams info now is for the return stats. Would be helpful to know who is and isn't contributing on your special teams coverage depth chart to update if needed.
thanks
reme

Postby JDB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 am

In order of importance:
1. Transfers. I would also like it if we could select what rules we want (I actually prefer the old rules over what has just recently been passed), but that doesn't matter much to me now as long as we have something allowing these highly talented backups getting no playing time the chance to transfer and start somewhere else.

2. Please review the AI play calling and game logic especially relating to fourth down decisions, two minute offense, and last play of the half/game. It has improved since earlier versions of the game but I feel like there are still some unrealistic decisions that get made.

3. Add strategies for special teams and give us ability to watch these plays in the 2d display rather than just having a bar. I realize that this is a relatively boring aspect of the game for some, but there are teams that sometimes base there whole game plans on having strong special teams.

4. Ability to edit team prestige manually in sandbox games. This is so when we sim through multiple years in a new game to get league history we can get results that would be a little more historically accurate.

5. Allow us to change bowl tie-ins and playoff format adding options for more or less playoff teams anytime in existing games during preseason.

6. Even if it is limited, give us at least some ability to move teams between conferences and add or subtract teams and conferences. If generating schedules is the biggest hindrance to adding this feature. keep in mind that we have a schedule import feature allowing us to create our own schedules.
JDB

Postby XxVols98xX » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 pm

It would be nice if "Training Camps" were a bit more hands on. Incoming FR should be globally lowered and have more variance in their development. Even if a player doesn't fit my system he can slowly in 5 years, if red-shirted, develop traits and skills to fit my system. I'd like training and development to have a deeper feel to it.
Spring Practice
Spring Game
Summer Workouts *cough* voluntary of course *cough*
Fall Practice
In Season Practice
XxVols98xX

Postby ZorbaGarp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Have to fix in-game play.
Have to create coaching carousel and recruiting as in DDSCB (which is great!).

With that said, here are other things I want in a CFB game.

Hire a DC and an OC with the ability to hire the traits I prefer, as in DDSCB.
Fun, but not too complicated, recruiting.
Off-season customized conditioning by player or by position
Create depth charts for various formations.
Create play options for various down and distance situations
Allow DC and OC input in planning on both depth charts and play scripts

In-game
Let DC and OC call plays using scripts with HC override possible
Make UI so it's easy for HC to override play call and subs between plays
ZorbaGarp

Postby Rizzo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:47 pm

I would like for the OC and DC to make play calls. Would be fun to have to hire coaches to fit your system and watch the game unfold as they call the game.
Rizzo

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion