College Football 2019 Wishlist

Re: College Football 2019 Wishlist

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 am

Thanks all for the feedback. We'll monitor this thread as we plan for future versions of the game.
brooks_piggott

Postby jnaft » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 pm

I think a couple things would be great to see in the next iteration of the game. It depends if you are in the position of Athletic Director or Coach. It feels like you're the AD in this game. That isn't a bad thing. I do wish as I build a stronger and stronger team, that it would increase my budget available to hire better coaches if the approach is similar to this game. Also being able to allocate the funds into different areas to improve the program would be excellent. If I could buy better equipment for training, or pay for training, buy advertisements to increase my odds of recruiting or pay for better medical facilities to reduce injury recovery time, it would add an additional level of depth that would make building a dynasty a little more meaningful. Right now when I finally get a coach to 5 stars, he is asking for way too much money for my 15 million budget. Nick Saban is making $11 million/year at Alabama in reality. If I paid $11 million to my HC, I couldn't afford to scout and have an OC and DC with any skill set. It would also be great to be able to set more people for my coaching staff, especially with a larger budget. Being able to hire positional coaches would be great.
If you go in the direction of being the head coach, getting better jobs needs to be meaningful. For instance if I start as a D-Line coach for Akron, then make my way up to D-Coordinator, get offered a spot at Rutgers as a D-Coordinator in a few years, and so on... As you progress up the ladder to better positions and/or better programs, there should be an incentive for doing so. Becoming a head coach at Vanderbilt should be less rewarding that becoming head coach at Ohio State. You should be able to use the money and prestige of a better program to benefit yourself and your players. Maybe spend some money to attend a pro camp to improve your understanding in a specific area.
Also as mentioned by other people, prestige should be less random. As Penn State, I've won the National Championship stomping Ohio State in the playoff and at the end of the season Ohio State gained 1 prestige, and I gained nothing. That's nonsense. I beat them 2 times in the same season. They definitely shouldn't be jumping me in line for prestige. :mad:
jnaft

Postby FootballAddict » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:09 pm

My wishlist (based on the demo so far) - probably not all for 2019, but in general:

Management

- Give the player a role/a true, dynamic career (be a coach, be the AD, etc. with firing/new offers and personal progression etc.)
- More Staff (Scouts, Medical staff, Strength/Condition Coaches, etc.)
- Facilities (upgrading stuff) and some financial aspects of the game (optional for the player)
- Enable medical redshirts for the first two games (maybe not 100% guaranteed, we know how the NCAA is)
- Academics...those should somehow play a role sooner or later.

Recruiting

- It's heading towards the right direction, but there could be a little more to it, like invites to games/phone calls ... you know what to do, plenty of stuff has been mentioned
- Adjustments to the early signing period
- More authentic signing day stuff. Right now people commit and that's it. But I'd like to see the drama of a recruit decommiting and going elsewhere on signing day.
- I'd like to see a high school all star game.
- Pro Day could be a thing in addition to the pro football game.

Gameplay

- Spring Ball ... personally I'd like to have this opportunity to test out new recruits to see who is great and what not, since there is no pre season.
- Conference Movements ... it's static right now, but I'd love to see strong group of 5 teams move on to power 5 conferences
- Independents: Right now this is considered an own conference. I think this needs a rework to be accurate.
- Prestige: I think this should adjust quicker. Having two successful years, but only 1 point prestige movement is frustrating.
- FCS ... even if we do not have the FCS level in play, a new team should join now and then, let's say 12 potential teams could join over the course of 25 years?

Technical stuff

- ui css: can I actually mess around there and design the game as I'd like to experience? If so, I'd love to see some comments/documentation somewhere
- audio engine for gameday: I'd like to add some crowd noises based on intensity (base crowd loop, random cheers, etc.), music/fight songs/marching band stuff to the game (i'm a sound designer, would be cool to mod around in that department)
FootballAddict

Postby Paul On Mars » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:02 am

First post. Great sim. (TY to everyone who modded in the real teams and logos with an auto installer)

1) Me and my friends like to hot seat when simming, and have been doing so for decades. I'm not so sure that this game will work for that in its current state, as the recruiting takes so much effort. I'd love to see the scouting become automated, or at least have it display how many scouting points I've spent on a player, like it already shows me how many recruitment points I've spent. Really though, it could be more top down. The longer you've been recruiting someone, the more your scouts reveal. Official visits should be a thing, and it should be the best way to clinch a commit.

2) I want a coach mode, not mogul mode. I want to play the coach. Get better jobs. Get fired. That sort of thing. Start with a crappy school and try to work my way up.

If both of these things happened I know that me and my friends will be playing this for years to come. Hell, we're still simming NCAA Football 09 pretty regularly.
Paul On Mars

Postby altarian » Thu May 10, 2018 9:03 am

I would love to see better in game play calling.

The mobile android/ios game Rival Stars uses excellent playcalling. It would be nice to see trees broken down for plays. The formations are fine. But once you choose a formation, you could choose run or pass, then short/med/long, etc.

EDIT, my bad, it was not that game, but PSF 2018. It's a decent simulator for a mobile game. Has really good playcalling screens and in game management.

I'm still surprised sometimes that some things are missing in this game. Like, in game management, why can't I manage substitutions? Also, it would be nice when play calling to see what package the other team has on the field, especially for defensive play calling.

Also, the choice to accept penalties or not.
Last edited by altarian on Sat May 12, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
altarian

Postby ACCBiggz » Sat May 12, 2018 5:07 am

Paul On Mars wrote:I want to play the coach. Get better jobs. Get fired. That sort of thing. Start with a crappy school and try to work my way up.

Full Disclosure: I have not bought the game.

I wanted to support this game and play, but after the demo and initial reviews like the above, I just could not. That is what I want from a text-based college football sim. I would imagine most players loved loading up EA Sports NCAA Football, starting a dynasty, and working their way up --- but wanted more. That's what this sim should have offered.

It is also great for online league play with friends. Everyone can start at a small school and/or as an Assistant. Everyone works their way up. Also, in really large leagues the hiring/firing allows for movement up/down of its players.

One additional item I would love to see but unsure of how feasible it is: Once you were to become the head coach, you gain the ability to hire a staff. I don't know how detailed you would want to make it without getting too in the weeds, but the ability to at least hire an OC, DC, ST coach. Then that also adds a bit with trying to retain those coaches or watching them leave for other jobs.

Going through some of the other suggestions:

Playoff flexibility to create an 8-16 team playoff options

This would be fun. Also, the option to re-institute the BCS system. The formula was fairly simple and should be easy (relatively speaking) to implement. It also would allow for historical mods to be built.

Edit: An additional thing that would be fun for online leagues is if there were a manual override one could do so that these leagues could have their own CFP Councils.

Would like to move teams from one conference to another.

This seems like an obvious choice and easy fix. Allowing players more control over custom conferences. However, perhaps there does need to be some parameters, ie. a minimum number of teams. And perhaps not just ability for users, but the potential for conference re-alignment from the AI when playing a game. It should be lower, but we've seen over the past decade how it does happen.

- More Staff (Scouts, Medical staff, Strength/Condition Coaches, etc.)

As previously mentioned, this could potentially get too "inside baseball" for some, but there may be a way to increase the staffing options.

- More authentic signing day stuff. Right now people commit and that's it. But I'd like to see the drama of a recruit decommiting and going elsewhere on signing day.

De-committing perhaps should be in at some point, especially if it's a positional battle. Example: You currently have a Senior QB, Junior QB, Freshman QB on the roster and you're recruiting two highly touted QBs. The first gives you a verbal commitment, but then later the more highly rated QB commits so the first de-commits seeing he may be in an uphill battle. Or, vice versa, after the first commits you begin to lose interest from the other and you have to double-down on your efforts.

That may be very difficult to program, but if something to that effect could go in then it adds a bit something extra to the process.

- Spring Ball ... personally I'd like to have this opportunity to test out new recruits to see who is great and what not, since there is no pre season.

A spring game would be excellent for the development of players as the graduating/NFL Draft class leaves. You get position battles and early enrollees on the field.

- Independents: Right now this is considered an own conference. I think this needs a rework to be accurate.

I'm big on accuracy and if this part isn't accurate then it should be addressed just for realism. However, it is a game so it ultimately depends on how it's working within the game itself.

It appears this game as a long way to go, which is fine as its the first iteration. I would love to see an edition come out sooner rather than later to fill the void of EA NCAA Football still being MIA and no other option for playing a Dynasty as a coach. If that simple step could move in the right direction, this could be one of the premiere sport sims on the market.
ACCBiggz

Postby Brode » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Players need to improve more overall
Brode

Postby hoop121 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:35 pm

more transfers. especially with the new rules. i rarely see transfers from my team
hoop121

Postby ThePelvicWoo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Roughly when will 2019 be released?
ThePelvicWoo

Postby ACCBiggz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:41 pm

ThePelvicWoo wrote:Roughly when will 2019 be released?

Assuming WS would make this a yearly release, it'd still be several months (December 2017 was release for 2018). However, and this is just pure speculation on my part, given the feedback about all the elements fans want to see... probably a fair bit longer than that. Which is fine if we see a much improved, deeper product that offers a true CFB career game experience.

I am constantly dropping back in for any potential updates. Really hopeful.
ACCBiggz

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion