College Football 2019 Wishlist

Re: College Football 2019 Wishlist

Postby millerjg01 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 pm

ec147c wrote:Coaching carousel, coaching carousel, coaching carousel.

The way ddscb2017 handles coaching is perfect. Recruiting is better as well

This x100
millerjg01

Postby here_am_i » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:50 pm

gbmoore wrote:Have you reported this broken logic?

I went into great depth in the video about the logic. It will always be broken until they hire someone who knows what they're doing. The NCAA series team listened to us than the guys on the Madden team.

Read what Franchise Mode designer Adembroski says over on OS:
https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... es-12.html

We need someone working on the logistics, in the manner that NCAA did. I figure if DDS could simply give us the options that OOTP has used for so long, there are some dedicated fans who can give us some realistic sliders. When it comes to simulation sports gaming, OOTP set an example for other titles when it comes to depth, immersion, realism.
here_am_i

Postby TheRivals40 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:43 am

I'm sorry but what are you guys even saying? The "logic" is broken...what does this even mean? AI Logic? In trades? In play calling? Game engine logic? What specifically needs to be improved? Simply pointing out you don't like the "logic" and making some comparison to Madden isn't going to help them make the game better.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby TheRivals40 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:44 am

mh2365 wrote:scrap the current recruiting and do it all over again .... make it more user involved instead of just putting numbers in and hoping for the best .... should be able to have coach visits, asst. coach visits, should be able to have them on campus for a game and winning or losing effects the recruit ... should be able to make pitches ...

Yeah but this always just gets reduced to numbers. Coach visits, pitches, etc, it always just ends up being putting as much effort as you can into each target. I actually don't mind this system because it is simple but still gets the job done.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby francua4 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 am

here_am_i wrote:
gbmoore wrote:Have you reported this broken logic?

I went into great depth in the video about the logic. It will always be broken until they hire someone who knows what they're doing. The NCAA series team listened to us than the guys on the Madden team.

Read what Franchise Mode designer Adembroski says over on OS:
https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... es-12.html

We need someone working on the logistics, in the manner that NCAA did. I figure if DDS could simply give us the options that OOTP has used for so long, there are some dedicated fans who can give us some realistic sliders. When it comes to simulation sports gaming, OOTP set an example for other titles when it comes to depth, immersion, realism.

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not bashing your video/post as I do agree with some of the things you mention, but I also respectfully disagree with some of what you've mentioned. I do agree and hope that there are more media, events, etc.. that get added to the game to make the season feel more alive. I loved how NCAA 14 did recruiting and the coaching carousel, and while I've never played Wolverine's basketball game most of the guys on the forum swear by how it handles the coaching carousel and recruiting. So maybe more improvements will be made to the football game in the near future.

I also agree that more options, sliders, and little nuances to make the game play however someone "expects" it should be are nice features to have, but in your video you kind of made it seem like there are no current options available in DDSCF. If you haven't already checked it out, I'd point you to the "Options" screen and strongly suggest you play with the play calling modifiers, pass/rush yards sliders, & the player ratings modifier.

My biggest gripe about your video/post is you don't really explain how logic is broken except for saying "at week 1 #5 Auburn wins and then drops to #12." While I agree during the early weeks in the top 25 rankings are a bit all over the place, anyone who's played a full season has seen the top 25 usually balances itself out in a way that is realistic/explainable. I'm all for pointing out specific flaws of the game that the devs can use to improve the game, but simply throwing your hands up and saying its broken without any context doesn't help them do that.

Lastly, who's to say that these guys don't know what they are doing? We are basically comparing a game that has 2 years of dev time and a much smaller dev team to games that have decades of dev time and much larger teams. My hope as I'm sure is Wolverines is that DDSCF/PF become what OOTP is to Baseball sims for football. All that being said I have confidence in the guys at Wolverine to continue to improve upon their game and I will continue to support it.
francua4

Postby mh2365 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 pm

TheRivals40 wrote:
mh2365 wrote:scrap the current recruiting and do it all over again .... make it more user involved instead of just putting numbers in and hoping for the best .... should be able to have coach visits, asst. coach visits, should be able to have them on campus for a game and winning or losing effects the recruit ... should be able to make pitches ...

Yeah but this always just gets reduced to numbers. Coach visits, pitches, etc, it always just ends up being putting as much effort as you can into each target. I actually don't mind this system because it is simple but still gets the job done.

but as it stands now there is zero involvement after you pick which recruits to go after .... recruiting should be the best part of any college game and here it just feels like an afterthought
mh2365

Postby Robmeister89 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 am

mh2365 wrote:
TheRivals40 wrote:

but as it stands now there is zero involvement after you pick which recruits to go after .... recruiting should be the best part of any college game and here it just feels like an afterthought

This... This right here!

Recruiting in this game is, how do I put this to not offend anyone, boring. And that is the opposite of how recruiting should be! Recruiting is main focus in college football. And its happening all throughout the year! As the user I quoted put it, it feels like an afterthought in this game. It should be prominently featured in this game! Make it fun! Add some spice to the recruiting feature for crying out loud. Right now as it is its a freakin' gamble.. Its a god damn, pardon my French, crapshoot as to where each player will end up. There should be news articles about players, we should have the high school season going on in the background to provide stats (you can make these up but give us something!), there should be much more than just assigning some (with a max albeit) points to players to find their ratings. Thats boring as hell and its not going to make people want to play your college football game. I understand this team is undermanned with only 3 of you (that we know of) working on this game as well as the pro game. But maybe, just maybe, you should be putting more focus into what you're putting into the game rather than forcing its release. I haven't played this game much because it feels like the same game as the previous with a few additions (that were already featured in the pro version mostly) and a weather system that feels like its making absolutely no difference on gameplay.

Recruiting is the heart and soul of college football.. make this feature feel like its more than just an afterthought.
Robmeister89

Postby eel1987 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 pm

ec147c wrote:Coaching carousel, coaching carousel, coaching carousel.

The way ddscb2017 handles coaching is perfect. Recruiting is better as well

This times 1 million. Not buying the next version of the game if the coaching system isn't fixed. Copying College Basketball 2017 seems like an obvious solution, especially with the ability to play as head coach or a coordinator.
eel1987

Postby JRayMorgan1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 am

Would like to move teams from one conference to another.
JRayMorgan1

Postby mh2365 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Robmeister89 wrote:This... This right here!

Recruiting in this game is, how do I put this to not offend anyone, boring. And that is the opposite of how recruiting should be! Recruiting is main focus in college football. And its happening all throughout the year! As the user I quoted put it, it feels like an afterthought in this game. It should be prominently featured in this game! Make it fun! Add some spice to the recruiting feature for crying out loud. Right now as it is its a freakin' gamble.. Its a god damn, pardon my French, crapshoot as to where each player will end up. There should be news articles about players, we should have the high school season going on in the background to provide stats (you can make these up but give us something!), there should be much more than just assigning some (with a max albeit) points to players to find their ratings. Thats boring as hell and its not going to make people want to play your college football game. I understand this team is undermanned with only 3 of you (that we know of) working on this game as well as the pro game. But maybe, just maybe, you should be putting more focus into what you're putting into the game rather than forcing its release. I haven't played this game much because it feels like the same game as the previous with a few additions (that were already featured in the pro version mostly) and a weather system that feels like its making absolutely no difference on gameplay.

Recruiting is the heart and soul of college football.. make this feature feel like its more than just an afterthought.

Thank you ....agree 100% on both accounts .... recruiting for me isn't even part of the game ... zero involvement ... assign points and hope for the best .... I can have 5 guys at 99% for 4 weeks in a row and lose all 5 of them despite being maxed out on points .... makes no sense .... my guess is it is just random and has nothing to do with anything you do .... the weather IMHO was just for show .... had a game with 50 MPH winds and the opposing QB was 37-49 for 500 yards passing .... go watch the 2017 Notre Dame vs. NC State game to find out how a 50 MPH wind actually effects game play

I love having a college football game but recruiting is and always has been the main focus of college football games .... unless it's completely overhauled I will not be purchasing any more versions of this game
mh2365

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion