Duplicate Player Jerseys

Duplicate Player Jerseys

Postby Nawlins34 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:24 pm

I'm noticing when creating a league, there are multiple duplicates of jersey numbers on any given team in the game. Is there a quick, known solution to address this?

Also, is this a recurring thing beyond the inauguration season? Or is it just a one-time concern and it goes away afterwards?

Thanks in advance to any and all who has some tips on this.
Nawlins34

Re: Duplicate Player Jerseys

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I thought we had it set where it wouldn't duplicate unless it runs out of numbers, but it could be something we still need to look into.
brooks_piggott

Postby Nawlins34 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi Brooks_Piggott

Thanks for the response. Given your response (on this thread and the Identical Pro Football thread) I created a test league in each game just to see if it is repeatable.

DDSCF18 - repeatable if I create a career or sandbox mode league
DDSPF18 - repeatable if I create a career or sandbox mode league

If this is addressed in a later patch, will it require me to create new leagues or will the fix apply to existing leagues as well?
Nawlins34

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 pm

The fix would just be better logic to prevent duplicates. It would only affect newly created players. For existing players you'll have to manually change jersey on the players you want updated.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:09 am

I looked at the players in the upcoming draft class in my pro league and the upcoming recruiting class in my college league. They all have jersey numbers assigned to them without even being on teams. It appears that when a player is created, he's given a jersey number that stays with him his whole career. This has been going on since PFS. I think this is where the duplicate jersey numbers come from. I used to go through each roster before each season and manually change each jersey number, but that got too time consuming so I stopped really caring. I would love to see it fixed, but I think it would require somehow having players' numbers change whenever they join new rosters eliminating the duplicates.
JDB

Postby AKH » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:05 pm

I think the easiest solution would be to add a 'reassign jersey numbers' button on teaminfo screen, that resets the entire team. This is something we can look at in the future, but I cannot give any timeline for this.
AKH

Postby JDB » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:51 am

AKH wrote:I think the easiest solution would be to add a 'reassign jersey numbers' button on teaminfo screen, that resets the entire team. This is something we can look at in the future, but I cannot give any timeline for this.

That would be nice
JDB

Return to DDS: College Football 2018 General Discussion